Keep your head in the sand

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
20 years is a long time. 20 years ago it took me 12 hours to download 2-3 songs on a computer. Now I can download an entire album on my phone in 5 minutes.

My guess is in 10 years you’ll start to see a large decline in new hires. They’ll mostly be replaced with tech. In 20 years a large portion of OTR runs will be made by driverless trucks.

As a 20 year old looking into truck driving as a career you’ve gotta think is this gonna be here in 30+ years or am I gonna be 45 looking to start a new career
No doubt. I'd say in 20 yrs existing part time supes will have learned how to train a loader.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
True. I imagine you’d just have to put a slow vehicle in front of it and slow down to a stop.
That works.
Screenshot_20190810-173756_Google.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
20 years is a long time. 20 years ago it took me 12 hours to download 2-3 songs on a computer. Now I can download an entire album on my phone in 5 minutes.

My guess is in 10 years you’ll start to see a large decline in new hires. They’ll mostly be replaced with tech. In 20 years a large portion of OTR runs will be made by driverless trucks.

As a 20 year old looking into truck driving as a career you’ve gotta think is this gonna be here in 30+ years or am I gonna be 45 looking to start a new career

Who downloads music anymore

You can stream any song ever created

ManInBrown

Theres no way, the government allows the human truck driving industry to become extinct. Maybe the next generation wont have the option to be truck drivers, but no one who is a truck driver now is losing their job to automation. The government will put a cap on how much automation, companies can have. There arent going to stand by and watch millions of people lose their jobs. Maybe in the future they might say, this job isnt availabe anymore. Train for something else. I could see that happening for sure.

10 - 15 years ago the lamestream media said we’d all be driving electric cars by now to stop global warming.

Pulled over onto the turnpike rest stop this summer on the way to the beach. The EV charger was ripped out. Nothing left but a piece of conduit with some nutted-off wires sticking out of the concrete.

This too shall pass.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20 years is a long time.

Companies aren’t afraid to spend money when given the chance to eliminate employees.

And maybe in 20 years there are still a few drivers but they certainly won’t be hiring new ones. They’ll be replaced as they retire with tech
One major accident and the politicians will shut it down.

Johney

You pay your dues so friend your union brothers.
I'm a blade of grass in a great big field. I seriously doubt I'd make a difference either way. The union will do as it pleases regardless of what I think or it's brothers. So again, it will not impact me so why should I care.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm a blade of grass in a great big field. I seriously doubt I'd make a difference either way. The union will do as it pleases regardless of what I think or it's brothers. So again, it will not impact me so why should I care.
You said “:censored2:” to me. I assure you that what you do friend’s them far more than me.