Keep your head in the sand

davidix

Yeah the writing is on the wall but its 20+ years down the road before you even have to worry about it.

You guys are chicken littles..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The liability would be on the manufacturer.

That's debatable.

In years past.... UPS always let "others" figure out the learning curve on

new technology. I don't see this being any different.

Hoffa: Teens Driving Trucks Interstate Would Jeopardize Safety

The union won’t exactly have a say in it

Sure they will.

It's an issue.... that would be subject to collective bargaining.

Look what they have already done, in the recent National Master Freight Agreement.

"Prohibitions against using driverless trucks."

Workers at YRC Freight, Holland, New Penn Approve National Master Contract

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's debatable.

In years past.... UPS always let "others" figure out the learning curve on

new technology. I don't see this being any different.

Hoffa: Teens Driving Trucks Interstate Would Jeopardize Safety

Sure they will.

It's an issue.... that would be subject to collective bargaining.

Look what they have already done, in the recent National Master Freight Agreement.

"Prohibitions against using driverless trucks."

Workers at YRC Freight, Holland, New Penn Approve National Master Contract

-Bug-
Just like automated buildings. The company will do what they want.

1) because the current leadership would never strike them if it came to that

2) if they’re not using employees to run the trucks they won’t really care if those employees quit/strike. That’s kind of the point.

For the first issue of ups waiting on tech that’s going to have to change. Amazon is in the delivery game now and you can bet if Bezos can use tech to replace workers and get a leg up. He will

Faceplanted

You boomers are toxic.... somethings I have heard over the past 7-10years

>hurrrrr amazon will never be able to deliver their own stuff, just look at what happened to DHL!!! Member....member that guise? Never gonna happen.

Here we are with amazon delivering 100% of their volume in some city’s, very soon every city

>autonomous vehicles will never happen in our life time!!!! NEVER!!! Driving a big truck in a straight line is really hard! No way!!! Whose gonna cover an injury in the case of accident.

Here we are, we have fully functional autonomous vehicles that currently only need a dipship on the drivers seat for regulatory purposes.... whose gonna cover if said autonomous vehicle causes a death? The same insurance that will cover when a extra sleepy ups driver doses off and kills a person.... at a lower premium at that.

>ups will never use drones in our life time.... hahahahaha where is the drone gonna drop the package... hahahahaha what if a drone hurts a kid!! Zomg can you imagine

Ups now has faa approval for line of site flight, in a few years the approval will include more.

Get your heads out of the sand. The lack of imagination and resistance to change is sad actually.

Last edited:

BrownSnowFlake

You boomers are toxic.... somethings I have heard over the past 7-10years

>hurrrrr amazon will never be able to deliver their own stuff, just look at what happened to DHL!!! Member....member that guise? Never gonna happen.

Here we are with amazon delivering 100% of their volume in some city’s, very soon every city

>autonomous vehicles will never happen in our life time!!!! NEVER!!! Driving a big truck in a straight line is really hard! No way!!! Whose gonna cover an injury in the case of accident.

Here we are, we have fully functional autonomous vehicles that currently only need a dipship on the drivers seat for regulatory purposes.... whose gonna cover if said autonomous vehicle causes a death? The same insurance that will cover when a extra sleepy ups driver doses off and kills a person.... at a lower premium at that.

>ups will never use drones in our life time.... hahahahaha where is the drone gonna drop the package... hahahahaha what if a drone hurts a kid!! Zomg can you imagine

Ups now has faa approval for line of site flight, in a few years the approval will include more.

Get your heads out of the sand. The lack of imagination and resistance to change is sad actually.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Utility81

Safety takes time .
Can’t wait until a robot or sup takes over my route. Sure they’d eventually get it. It’d be 3 weeks of missed and lates until they figured it out. Orion will have me at 64 miles on a metropolitan route, when you can do it in 58 using common sense. The Orion guy admitted there was a glitch in the system for passing up business savers to do later in the day. I worked with them for 3 days as instructed and it’s even more friend’d up. I don’t care anymore. Follow it if I want some OT. If it’s friday I’ll run it my way and go home early.