Keeping diad from dying?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hello all,
So it got cold this week (below zero at start time, 5-10 for high temp) board died every day. Today was the only day I didn't have two boards die! I've been keeping it on the defroster and taping two hand warmers on it (one on battery, one behind screen area) to keep it wam as well. No other drivers seem to be having this problem. I even plug it back in to charge when I go back to have pickups unloaded.. the very helpful office people don't have extra batteries, and won't let me swap batteries with the few fully charged diads that get used on preload. Is there any settings I can mess with? Brightness, sound, etc to extend battery life? Or am I just sol

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Is it fully charged in the AM when you arrive? Or is it only say, half to three quarters full? Sounds to me like you have a bad one, or two. This time of year they're running at the extreme end of their capacity. I had the exact same issue and no one cared until it died a few times and they had to run a new one out to me for three days straight. Sometimes that is what it takes to get the point across.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Most of the DIADs in our center are having the same problem, this is in Roswell of course where the temps have been in the mid 30's.

Poop Head

Judge me.
If it dies it dies...they are aware of the problem.
They're aware, just don't give a rat's pajamas. The route is close enough to the center that when it dies they make me drive back, wasting a good half hour or so.
They're always at 100 percent starting out. The board I started with M-W would be at 100 and just die before 1100! So Wednesday when I came in with the second board and saw the same pos in my slot, I swapped it with the "new" one. but this one is at 30 or 40 percent by the time I'm done with pickups, and I'll still have anywhere from 80-200 stops left! I'm starting to think this punishment for not working saturdays

35years

Gravy route
Punishment?
If I had to drive back each day wasting a half an hour I would be storing the DIAD behind the bulkhead each stop. Easy money.
You are paid by the hour, who cares if you don't get them all done.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You are paid by the hour, who cares if you don't get them all done
I would much rather spend my time with my wife and kids than schlepping boxes into the night. Side note- I came back with 105 missed stops one night last week, next day they kept 7&8 thousands off and had other drivers deliver :) still worked 13.5 ish hrs but did finish.

vvv

I would much rather spend my time with my wife and kids than schlepping boxes into the night. Side note- I came back with 105 missed stops one night last week, next day they kept 7&8 thousands off and had other drivers deliver :) still worked 13.5 ish hrs but did finish.

Just "bone em' like you own em'" and everything will be fine. Like the other guy said who cares if it goes out. So you joy ride back and forth getting paid to pick up a new diad. If you follow my work rules believe me they would be sending 3-4 drivers to help you every day due to the lost time. I surely wouldn't move any faster or cut no corners to compensate for their stupidity.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Punch in. Leave it in your Diad slot till your about to leave. Should be enough to complete your day. I actually noticed that I had 30% when I punched out at 9:45 last Tuesday

ManInBrown

Sounds like your board has a bad battery. Not defective, just older than maybe other drivers boards. Apparently from what I've heard. UPS can't order new batteries. You have to order the entire thing. The board and the battery. My OMS response when I asked what I should do was, "take someone else's battery out of their board and switch" LOL. As far as I'm concerned not my problem. It dies, it dies. I've waited numerous times for night air drivers to bring me out a new board on their way to area. If UPS wants to stop paying me 50.50 an hour, to sit around for 45 minutes once or twice a month they need to figure out a solution. Not me. That's above my pay grade

Re-Raise

My DIAD died the other night when I was about 30 miles from the center.

I just kept delivering and pulled the PAL labels off each pkg and stuck them to a piece of paper.

I only had about 30 packages left. When I got back to the center I let the board charge up and then did the find bar code option by using the pal labels.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My DIAD died the other night when I was about 30 miles from the center.

I just kept delivering and pulled the PAL labels off each pkg and stuck them to a piece of paper.

I only had about 30 packages left. When I got back to the center I let the board charge up and then did the find bar code option by using the pal labels.

You can also hit details to get the last 4 to use Find BC.