Keeping diad from dying?

nystripe96

I don't punch out my helper board if my helper leaves early. I'll keep it wrapped in a hoodie inside my pack back, then when my Diad inevitably dies I can finish out my day with my helpers board.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't punch out my helper board if my helper leaves early. I'll keep it wrapped in a hoodie inside my pack back, then when my Diad inevitably dies I can finish out my day with my helpers board.
Couldn't you just switch batteries? Or are your helper boards diad 4s?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Turn the radio off at lunch, then turn it on for 5 minutes once per hour then turn it off, repeat until you are done with your route

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello all,
So it got cold this week (below zero at start time, 5-10 for high temp) board died every day. Today was the only day I didn't have two boards die! I've been keeping it on the defroster and taping two hand warmers on it (one on battery, one behind screen area) to keep it wam as well. No other drivers seem to be having this problem. I even plug it back in to charge when I go back to have pickups unloaded.. the very helpful office people don't have extra batteries, and won't let me swap batteries with the few fully charged diads that get used on preload. Is there any settings I can mess with? Brightness, sound, etc to extend battery life? Or am I just sol

After it dies give it a good rap on the lip of a shelf

Ghost in the Darkness

Use the flashlight at night. Use the key illuminator at night. Tell your sup the diad keeps dying. Let it die. Get a piece of paper and get a sig at every stop. Bring back lots of pieces. Do the same the next day if its not fixed. Make your problem their problem.

JL 0513

As a cover driver, I notice a good variance among the battery life of DIAD's. I had one in particular for a route that had gone bad. Took weeks of complaining to get a new battery. Get on area, 10 stops in it would be down to 80% when most DIADs can get a good 60-70 stops off in the first 20%. After 160 stops, I'd be down to 10% barely making it to punchout. Most DIAD's are still at about 40% at punchout.

What I did was to turn it on as seldom as possible and remembering stops instead of constantly looking at EDD views. Just as with a smartphone, screen on time is the biggest battery killer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello all,
So it got cold this week (below zero at start time, 5-10 for high temp) board died every day. Today was the only day I didn't have two boards die! I've been keeping it on the defroster and taping two hand warmers on it (one on battery, one behind screen area) to keep it wam as well. No other drivers seem to be having this problem. I even plug it back in to charge when I go back to have pickups unloaded.. the very helpful office people don't have extra batteries, and won't let me swap batteries with the few fully charged diads that get used on preload. Is there any settings I can mess with? Brightness, sound, etc to extend battery life? Or am I just sol
File a grieve

Re-Raise

It's probably faster to find barcode , then to peel barcode off every pckg
I just entered the last 4 digits of each barcode off of the PAL sticker into the find barcode screen.

You could go into details and write down the last 4 digits of each package and do the same thing, but I felt it was quicker to just peel them off and take them with me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Try peeling a Pal label off a plastic bag. Not.
Carry a bottle of this and have no worries.
upload_2016-12-21_6-24-31.jpeg

Repairman

I have noticed that diad v batteries respond well to being treated properly. If you want your diad battery capacity to last longer than a year, and it's charge to last a full day, make sure that it receives a full charge cycle. That is, from <10% to >90%. Little top-up charges here and there will degrade a high capacity battery.

For optimum life, charge it someplace similar in temperature to where it will be used. Significant differences in charge/discharge temperatures will affect performance noticeably.

Finally, check the serial number of your battery. The first two numbers correspond the year of manufacture. If you're using a 2011 or 2012 battery it will have likely diminished. But beware! Open the battery door and it's logged, remove the battery and it's logged, replace the battery and it's logged. Good news though, this information is sent away and dying batteries can be identified remotely out in the field and pegged for replacement.

You SHOULD get at least 500 full cycles before your battery reaches 80% original full capacity. In reality, it is closer to 350. Treat it well and you can go into the 700's.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I have noticed that diad v batteries respond well to being treated properly. If you want your diad battery capacity to last longer than a year, and it's charge to last a full day, make sure that it receives a full charge cycle. That is, from <10% to >90%. Little top-up charges here and there will degrade a high capacity battery.

For optimum life, charge it someplace similar in temperature to where it will be used. Significant differences in charge/discharge temperatures will affect performance noticeably.

Finally, check the serial number of your battery. The first two numbers correspond the year of manufacture. If you're using a 2011 or 2012 battery it will have likely diminished. But beware! Open the battery door and it's logged, remove the battery and it's logged, replace the battery and it's logged. Good news though, this information is sent away and dying batteries can be identified remotely out in the field and pegged for replacement.

You SHOULD get at least 500 full cycles before your battery reaches 80% original full capacity. In reality, it is closer to 350. Treat it well and you can go into the 700's.
cbww (1).gif