Kennedy assassination....50 years ago

moreluck

golden ticket member
Less is more / your move will be much easier than mine was

When hubby left UPS, we downsized, I swore, as a realtor, I would never buy a 2-bedroom house thinking of future sale of that house.

However, when there's only 2 of us, we have a 2 bedoom with spare bedroom for guests that's small enough that they won't stay long. (good feature).

We left a 3800 sq.foot , 2 story home to go to a 2600 sq. ft. single story.
I held 2 garage sales....got rid of lost of stuff.

I remember our neighbor sent us a picture of their family in their Christmas card and it was taken by the large picture they bought from us.

Up until that point, UPS had moved us......this time we moved ourselves....twice !! Our new home needed another week and we were out of our old home to meet the possession date....so we moved everything to U-Haul storage.
It was all very hard.......hubby got one kid (20 something) that we visited with at Choco-bean and he helped Bob with the really heavy stuff.
I'm done moving. I'm in my "forever" home, I hope.

By the way, even though I got rid of a bunch, I was still overloaded moving here......needed to keep giving away.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I was living in Dallas, just a few miles away, and not of school age as yet. I mostly remember hearing a lot about LBJ, in the aftermath. I believe Lincoln would probably not be a republican, if he were alive today, because the act of ending slavery was the beginning of the civil rights movement.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"Ask not what your country can do for you...." does not sound like any of today's Democrats to me.

JFK would be a man out of his time.
He was to the right of LBJ in his time.
A person is formed by his/her life experiences and his formative years would have been in the 60s and 70's instead of the 30's and 40s.
Really a moot question being that he was a self-determining person who was formed by events surrounding WW2.

bbsam

Staff member
JFK would be a man out of his time.
He was to the right of LBJ in his time.
A person is formed by his/her life experiences and his formative years would have been in the 60s and 70's instead of the 30's and 40s.
Really a moot question being that he was a self-determining person who was formed by events surrounding WW2.

Would he have been formed by the assassination of his two brothers?

bbsam

Staff member
If JFK had lived and both brothers, Teddy and Robert had been assassinated, would that influence whether JFK were a D or R today?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Would being shot in the head by a mentally/socially challenged individual have caused him to adopt gun law changes to address mental illness? Registration? Not that these can necessarily prevent everything bad that can happen with guns, but is the idea more D or R?