Kept me up a little bit last night

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I tell new drivers the same thing. Ive been there done that on doing a few little shady things when I first started driving. You do panic a little bit and do stupid shiznitt. I tell them all like what has already been said above, this is the new ups, they can see everything your doing and wont hesitate to prove a point with a brand new driver. Hopefully best case scenario, he can get his job back and maybe give it another try maybe down the line if they think they want to drive or not. After this incident they will know if they want to drive or not.
Doing shady stuff is one thing...not owning up to it when confronted is another..

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
let go for not delivering a few packages that he brought back to the building. It sounded like he hid the deliveries in with his pickup pieces and didn't sheet them.
They seem to have been his stops, thus,
1 when they come up in the diad your pretty sure its on that car
2 your at the point of starting p/u`s, everything is pushed forward except bulk or an overweight, to go out the back
3 let him go

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I can't say I blame them. We have guys being told they must run scratch then evening OMS is sending them to help people and killin their times.

If you needed just another day or two and had two or three misloads you knew would kill you. You wouldn't try that?

No. When someone in management, eg. the OMS, gives you a directive, you follow it. However, the next morning that's your out for why you were not up to par to their standards. That's easy, and I knew that way back when I started.

Sheet everything, no accidents, no injuries. You will not fail, provided you show some projection/upside in your delivering, so that there is hope beyond your rookie suckage.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Incidentally, we were told of a new driver in another center in our building who hit a parked vehicle on his third day. Didn't know him, or have even seen him, but it did hurt when our center manager said, "Needless to say, he was disqualified...." (He wasn't being a jerk, neither, but stressing to our group - which has a high amount of rookies- that we must watch out. I think our district had 29 accidents in the month of June, along with a high number of injuries. There were at least 2 rollaways; June was cray-cray!)

UPSGUY72

When I first started you could get away with stuff like that. Not anymore.

Resident know-it-all.

Bingo back in the day Air was also never late no matter what time you delivered it....

If your going to stuff packages these days it's easier to explain why you sheeted them as missed at the end of the day then why you didn't scan them at all.

I remember punching out early one day and sheeting a off area as missed my boss wasn't really happy and gave me the "really" the next day we he saw me. I told him sorry won't happen again.... End of story.

Brown stains

What if they his truck got a audit scan of all the packages in the morning ????

They do a audit scan every day on our cars in my hub and every day there is a list of people that have packages un scaned ...just scan those miss loads and end of day put them as miss guarented a trip to office if left in car ..or just throw em on the belt

Indecisi0n

A misload is not worth my job so I will always report it. We have had multiple drivers fired for throwing them on the belt upon return to the center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No. When someone in management, eg. the OMS, gives you a directive, you follow it. However, the next morning that's your out for why you were not up to par to their standards. That's easy, and I knew that way back when I started.

Sheet everything, no accidents, no injuries. You will not fail, provided you show some projection/upside in your delivering, so that there is hope beyond your rookie suckage.
Uh maybe at your center. At my center if you're not scratch 5 days in a row buh bye.