Kobe Bryant is dead

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for that is the end of all men; and the living will take it to heart. Sorrow is better than laughter, for by a sad countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth" (Eccl. 7:2-4).

The wisest man that ever walked the earth said it's better to go to a funeral than a party because it makes you think about eternity.
All the wealth and fame Kobe had, his death did the same thing that everyone's death does. It makes you think.

Serf

How many famous/wealthy people have died in plane/helicopter crashes? A good amount. Not even using the benefit of hindsight. If I were a wealthy man I’d much rather travel the country in my own rail car. Wet bar, carving station, & leather bound books.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the fog, trying to clear a mountain?

wtf
My exact thoughts. Why not go straight up (you are flying a helicopter) if you are in pea soup thick fog until you are at least higher than the local hills/mountains---then go 180 mph. Seems simple enough.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've flown many times in a helicopter to ----and a few hundred hours in a small single engine plane. I think it's on the first page of the flight manual -- don't fly blind into mountains.
It sounds like he got disoriented in the fog.

rod

Retired 22 years
It sounds like he got disoriented in the fog.
It would be interesting to know what kind of instrumentation that bird had. Then again if you are flying 180 mph close to the mountains IN A DENSE FOG you probably don't even have time to look at them. I just don't get it.

oldngray

nowhere special
It would be interesting to know what kind of instrumentation that bird had. Then again if you are flying 180 mph close to the mountains IN A DENSE FOG you probably don't even have time to look at them. I just don't get it.
It lacked ground terrain radar I think. Had all the other bells and whistles.