l feel pathetic when the sups send guys to help me with my trucks..(preload)..

dudebro

Ok so what if it is mostly 65lb bags of dog food? Point is you don't know the exact conditions of the load so stop trying to judge it with an arbitrary metric.

The fastest loaders in my building also have the crappiest most bulked out loads. The ones who get help at the end have nicer loads because they are actually using some thought in loading instead of just throwing it in.

What if my aunt had balls? Statistically, we can safely bet she's not my uncle. The problem with math is, whether you make fun of it or not, it still works.

And the hourlies who follow the methods don't throw packages, they build nice loads. What you describe are usually the haggard looking ones who don't use the methods, and then throw packages to cut corners, making everything worse.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
What if my aunt had balls? Statistically, we can safely bet she's not my uncle. The problem with math is, whether you make fun of it or not, it still works.

And the hourlies who follow the methods don't throw packages, they build nice loads. What you describe are usually the haggard looking ones who don't use the methods, and then throw packages to cut corners, making everything worse.
Hahahahahahahahahahhhahhahaha

Dr.Brownz

Balls are not a math concept.

LOL nice ups optimism there. Just say it and it's true. Keep asserting that so everyone starts thinking it's true.

MendozaJ

You can load 180 150lb boxes in an hour? Careful man sounds like you might hurt your back.

Are you a PT sup? If not I'd advise you to forget all that statistic crap. Just work at a reasonable pace. If you are well LOL

I've never had 180 pieces of overweight for a load, but I would say no. Those pieces wouldn't just roll down the line anyway.

Drink Craft Beer

Stereotype much?

"He's nice dressed and doesn't look haggard, he'd make a much better per-loader!!"

:rolleyes: .....dumb

jbg77

OP forget all these statistics and pay them no mind. If UPS needs to send you help, then friend* UPS, they can send you help. Who gives a crap what some loser who works preload or some other D-bags think.

*Unless of course you haven't made seniority, then keep making them think you really want to work super hard for $10 an hour.

Clearly they want to improve. He asked the question, but for me to answer I need to know the big picture. The fact that they do want to better us a good sign. Clearly you are jaded and doing a good job by anyone's standards much less UPS isn't a concern of yours however it is a concern of theirs.

Dr.Brownz

Clearly they want to improve. He asked the question, but for me to answer I need to know the big picture. The fact that they do want to better us a good sign. Clearly you are jaded and doing a good job by anyone's standards much less UPS isn't a concern of yours however it is a concern of theirs.

UPS abuses people who work hard. I do a good job by my own standards, not UPS's unrealistic production standards.

dudebro

My advice is not about production standards per se. The point I would make to the OP is to learn and follow the methods to a T. If you do that, and work at a normal pace with normal effort, your production will meet UPS standards. You also won't work in an unsafe manner. I've trained hundreds of people in inside ops, and I know this to be true. Focus on methods, and you'll be fine. Does that guarantee you'll never hear a cross word from a management person who may need training themselves? No. For that, once you reach seniority, you have your shop steward.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
your pph is depended on how many packages you get. second some trucks r heavier then others. 3rd u will get the hang of it, it takes times.

dudebro

This too. If you've done the inside job less than a month or two, you suck. So did I and most others. Dont worry about that. Work safe, give it 90 days if you can, by the methods, and see how you feel then. It is physical. If you weigh 300 lbs and haven't done manual labor in 10 years, you probably won't make it unless you're really tough.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm thankful, don't get me wrong. They do help me. But I just feel weak. And when the drivers come in and see other preloaders who are guys helping me out it makes me feel :censored2:ing pathetic, that I can't do my damn job. I don't want it to be like that. I want to be able to do my own damn trucks, even with big ass and heavy irregs. Really need advice I guess or to know that someone has gone through something similar and how they fixed it. I just keep thinking that if I can't do my job as a preloader, how the :censored2: am I going to be a driver? I see other female drivers who can do this :censored2:...
I'm a 37 year old woman....i loaded trucks for 10 years. Move your ass, find a quick, steady pace you can maintain for 4 hours and get it done.... I hear they have scanners now to help prevent misloads. The job isn't that hard.

dudebro

Stereotype much?

"He's nice dressed and doesn't look haggard, he'd make a much better per-loader!!"

:rolleyes: .....dumb
Who said nice dressed? A clean T shirt, sweats, and workboots are the perfect uniform for a preloader. I said nice loads. And yeah, when you run around all shift instead of working calm and controlled, you'll look haggard.

Teospal

Whether or not others being sent to help is good or not depends on how heavy your trucks are and how experienced you are. Not every load is the same. Two of the most senior guys on my belt are always the last to leave and I'm always sent to go help them close at the end of the morning. They have the 2 hardest pulls on the belt and are some of the best loaders in the building. Also, if you're relatively new you'll get better with experience. Just keep working hard and trying to improve.

W

What The Hawk?

I have two trucks that have over 300 packages each and many of those are bulk stops with heavy bigass irregs that don't seem to come until it's time to wrap up. Air is always late. I'm trying to look at it as a test to see if i can really handle what preload is all about and so far, it's kicking my ass. Trying to stay positive though.