l feel pathetic when the sups send guys to help me with my trucks..(preload)..

W

What The Hawk?

I think I need to bulk the :censored2: up and do my job better. I'm getting there. Just hard going from two easy trucks to two of worst on my belt. But that is UPS life as a preloader I suppose. I just hate it when people on here are cocky :censored2:heads. Like they were never new before or had struggles.

I think I need to bulk the :censored2: up and do my job better. I'm getting there. Just hard going from two easy trucks to two of worst on my belt. But that is UPS life as a preloader I suppose. I just hate it when people on here are cocky :censored2:heads. Like they were never new before or had struggles.
How long have you been doing this?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Aren't you a female?

BigD Bri

No matter what you say - preload only lasts 4 hours, and you don't have to think too hard.

The first peak season I was driving, and I thought I was working my tail off for 4 hours, thinking about my next turn, making sure I didn't hit anything, planning to hit all of the commits on time...

I turned and looked back inside the package car around 2pm, and was disappointed to see that it looked almost exactly like it looked when I left the building. I realized what kind of day I was really in for.

And our drivers do that EVERY DAY.

I'm going into my 6th week loading twilight. I don't have any shifts that last only 4 hours, most run 5 1/2, tonight will probably be 6 or 6 1/2. Still, I get your point. I'll spend the rest of Peak driving after Integrad next week, so I'm about to see what you are talking about first hand.. Honestly, I imagine it's just a matter of adjusting. It was for me with loading. The first two weeks, even going into it in shape, I felt like I had taken an ass kicking every night. My load quality was awful, but my pph was always high... Now, I'm tired at the end of a shift, but not beaten up like I was. I take a lot more pride now in my load quality, and my pph still high enough that my sup stays happy. Pretty much everyone on my line pulls their weight, so it's a reasonably good situation..

I can say this.. Were I not here to be a driver, I would have better dealed this job quickly. There are a lot easier ways to make 10.15 an hour. Once I make FT Driver, I'll never have to worry about finding another job, unless I blow it, because I damn sure will never leave it.

Like someone here said earlier, best to give it enough time to adjust to it, provided you're doing it with the goal of moving on to something else..

W

What The Hawk?

How long have you been doing this?
I think 5 weeks. But I've been on these new trucks 1.5 weeks. They have over twice as many packages and 2 times as many irregs. I'm doing better though. I just need to find the proper pace. I do just fine with all of it until it's time to wrap up. That's when I need help, but try not to ask for it. Cause its so mamy irregs. Never had trucks like this before where I had to load all of them into the trucks. My old trucks, the driver's took half the irregs then came back for the others later. And believe me I work my ass off.

I think 5 weeks. But I've been on these new trucks 1.5 weeks. They have over twice as many packages and 2 times as many irregs. I'm doing better though. I just need to find the proper pace. I do just fine with all of it until it's time to wrap up. That's when I need help, but try not to ask for it. Cause its so mamy irregs. Never had trucks like this before where I had to load all of them into the trucks. My old trucks, the driver's took half the irregs then came back for the others later. And believe me I work my ass off.
Just keep working hard and one day you will be a pro at this job. Make sure that you have good comfortable shoes, that can be a big help.