l feel pathetic when the sups send guys to help me with my trucks..(preload)..

DriverNerd

My current preloader never got done before start time in his old area. My old preloader never got done before start time and he is one of the best in the building (our loop has 4 cars and a lot of pieces.) They switched the two preloaders and now my current preloader doesn't get done on time (no surprise), but my old one is always wrapped by start time.

That leaves two situations:
1. You suck at your job.
2. You do not suck at your job, but there are too many pieces to get done in time.

dudebro

Imo preload is the hardest job at ups, driving is a piece of cake. Except peak and when it snows.

No matter what you say - preload only lasts 4 hours, and you don't have to think too hard.

The first peak season I was driving, and I thought I was working my tail off for 4 hours, thinking about my next turn, making sure I didn't hit anything, planning to hit all of the commits on time...

I turned and looked back inside the package car around 2pm, and was disappointed to see that it looked almost exactly like it looked when I left the building. I realized what kind of day I was really in for.

And our drivers do that EVERY DAY.

W

What The Hawk?

No matter what you say - preload only lasts 4 hours, and you don't have to think too hard.

The first peak season I was driving, and I thought I was working my tail off for 4 hours, thinking about my next turn, making sure I didn't hit anything, planning to hit all of the commits on time...

I turned and looked back inside the package car around 2pm, and was disappointed to see that it looked almost exactly like it looked when I left the building. I realized what kind of day I was really in for.

And our drivers do that EVERY DAY.
I look forward to it.

W

What The Hawk?

My current preloader never got done before start time in his old area. My old preloader never got done before start time and he is one of the best in the building (our loop has 4 cars and a lot of pieces.) They switched the two preloaders and now my current preloader doesn't get done on time (no surprise), but my old one is always wrapped by start time.

That leaves two situations:
1. You suck at your job.
2. You do not suck at your job, but there are too many pieces to get done in time.
I think its the second one. Only cause after I'm done they usually go have help others in a completely different area. I always ask if they want me to do anything before i leave though so maybe I do suck. I hope not. :scared:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think its the second one. Only cause after I'm done they usually go have help others in a completely different area. I always ask if they want me to do anything before i leave though so maybe I do suck. I hope not. :scared:
Then get wrapped without help from other loaders. It used to infuriate me to have sups direct me to help the same people 4x a week who worked on my line. Why should I do my job and part of theirs too? Everyone has a bad day now and then, but when it's the same loader who needs to be bailed out all the time...it is not appreciated.

W

What The Hawk?

Then get wrapped without help from other loaders. It used to infuriate me to have sups direct me to help the same people 4x a week who worked on my line. Why should I do my job and part of theirs too? Everyone has a bad day now and then, but when it's the same loader who needs to be bailed out all the time...it is not appreciated.
The problem is I don't ask for help. They just send it.

W

What The Hawk?

I'm :censored2:ing new. They JUST threw me on these trucks with 10+ irregs that are bigger than me and close to 200 lbs for each truck. I'm not breaking my :censored2:ing back to clean up my trucks faster. You clearly don't have anything helpful to say to p*ss off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm :censored2:ing new. They JUST threw me on these trucks with 10+ irregs that are bigger than me and close to 200 lbs for each truck. I'm not breaking my :censored2:ing back to clean up my trucks faster. You clearly don't have anything helpful to say to p*ss off.
Irregs are 150lb or less.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm thankful, don't get me wrong. They do help me. But I just feel weak. And when the drivers come in and see other preloaders who are guys helping me out it makes me feel :censored2:ing pathetic, that I can't do my damn job. I don't want it to be like that. I want to be able to do my own damn trucks, even with big ass and heavy irregs. Really need advice I guess or to know that someone has gone through something similar and how they fixed it. I just keep thinking that if I can't do my job as a preloader, how the :censored2: am I going to be a driver? I see other female drivers who can do this :censored2:...
Just pretend you are a Union Steward and everybody will "understand".

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Good answer Chappy.

Who let you out of Fluff?

Get back in your hole old man
giphy (15).gif