labor issues in new contract

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ups saves money by violating the contract and hope that they dont get called on it.
At what cost? Would you have a problem with them busting your route out and sending you home, while they pay a ptime air driver $10 an hour to do it?

Of course I would. I am simply saying that perhaps they can justify violating the contract and paying the grievances if doing so allows them to make service or pull a feeder on time or whatever may be needed to ensure the operation runs smoothly. Maybe the cost associated with the grievance would be less than the cost associated with service delays/failures which would result in service refunds. And, as you stated, not all contract violations result in a grievance being filed, so that is why I stated that perhaps they think that contract violations are simply part of the cost of doing business.

Bloodybrown

Absolutely! You violated the contract, i had to investigate and then present them all on your time.

You can investigate on my time, you can present on my time, but you can't write them on my time:happy-very:....at least not around here.....you would be violating the contract and I would have to do my due diligence:biting:

tieguy

Banned
I really resent that remark Tie. I am a proud teamster and made it past 3rd grade thank you very much. I even went to the 4th grade 5 times I liked it so much. So lay off.

Ah if you read the post I responded to then he fired the first shot. Once done I think I have the right to join in the fun?