Labor Shortage

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
They get screwed both ways because part time work at UPS will starve you for half the year and then demand all your time when they need the help. Makes it difficult to do the second job although most find a way because they have to.
Don't forget all the time they shave off you timecard

upser2020

Don't most part timers get overtime after 5 hours? I get being upset if you don't want to work more than part time and are pressured to go over but 17 an hour for the first 25 then 25.5 for anything over isn't bad. I know it's not as good as the guy who has a combo being a porter slash tender and makes 34 an hour but it's still decent. I'd love a combo like that but certainly don't begrudge my coworker who does. He's been with the company 25 years. I'm not even at a year and a half.

Don't most part timers get overtime after 5 hours? I get being upset if you don't want to work more than part time and are pressured to go over but 17 an hour for the first 25 then 25.5 for anything over isn't bad. I know it's not as good as the guy who has a combo being a porter slash tender and makes 34 an hour but it's still decent. I'd love a combo like that but certainly don't begrudge my coworker who does. He's been with the company 25 years. I'm not even at a year and a half.
Equal pay for equal work.