latest contract update

ups hero

The new update is on the teamsters website.
Basically saying ups is moving current upsers in the company plan to the central plan and has lowered the 30/60/90 proposal to 20/40/60. Hall states he is still adamant that we won't pay.

balland chain

I will vote no if I have to pay one cent for that ****TY Central states plan... It is by far the worst insurance out there...I can not believe that the union thinks this is good insurance... Could they possibly be getting their pockets padded by the Central States board ??? Why in the hell would they even consider this ??

ups hero

Im not sure... But will it still be accurate if we were to compare them now... They could make changes to the coverage percentage , right??

kingOFchester

Good. Volume seems to be up in my building. Everyday we are processing about 5-10% more then the expected flow. Running some of the splits more frequently too. Q1 results next week. If the numbers look good, even more reason to fight UPS and their plan.

I just get the feeling that the Union is watering at the mouth at the prospect of moving everyone into a Union plan.

J

jibbs

::sigh::

I'm a little tipsy but I've decided that if, once I qualify for health benefits, I'm going to be forced to pay a single red cent for them I'll be putting in my two weeks notice.

I'm actually extra irritated today because I've had three job offers in the past two weeks that I've turned down because the scheduling would cause me to end my employment with UPS, and I've truly liked my job and the possibilities it offers up until today. Now I kind of want to make some callbacks and see if I can get my foot back in the door of a few of these warehouses that offered me an interview...

Complete seriousness, though, if healthcare is going to cost us then, put simply, I won't be paying and I won't be working for UPS after the date that it takes effect. Healthcare was a big draw in my seeking employment with a company that likes to **** on its workers... without it brown just looks like fecal matter to me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I think we would be foolish to vote yes on anything that changes our healthplans.
I'm currently in a Teamster healthcare plan and am very happy with it. That being said, I will most likely vote NO on the first contract proposal put before us. Have learned after 30+ years of these contract talks that they always improve overall for the Teamsters the second time around.

ups hero

::sigh::

I'm a little tipsy but I've decided that if, once I qualify for health benefits, I'm going to be forced to pay a single red cent for them I'll be putting in my two weeks notice.

I'm actually extra irritated today because I've had three job offers in the past two weeks that I've turned down because the scheduling would cause me to end my employment with UPS, and I've truly liked my job and the possibilities it offers up until today. Now I kind of want to make some callbacks and see if I can get my foot back in the door of a few of these warehouses that offered me an interview...

Complete seriousness, though, if healthcare is going to cost us then, put simply, I won't be paying and I won't be working for UPS after the date that it takes effect. Healthcare was a big draw in my seeking employment with a company that likes to **** on its workers... without it brown just looks like fecal matter to me.
I know how you feel buddy. I lost my full time job right after Xmas and had several interviews since, but none work with the ups schedule. If I have to pay for healthcare for my family. I would probably have to sell my house to make ends meet.

ups hero

Central States sucks 12 inches while the Company plans sucks 3 1/2 inches.[/QUOTE]
I'm not quite sure I understand?? Can you elaborate more on this......eeeee.. Just kiddin'

balland chain

You are exactly right...If union members vote no the company will come back with something a little better..Unfortunately some members that have not saved any money will vote yes strictly in fear of being on strike...with whats on the line this go around I can only pray that enough members will vote no on the first proposal...

ups hero

I always wonder , and I don't mean to disrespect our union but do you ever wonder if the contract is already decided on regardless how we vote? The last contract I voted no as well as every person I've spoken to in the past several years.

balland chain

Each and every year the crooks at Central states make changes to what they will cover and what they won't.. Every year it gets worse...Never have they sent me a letter saying Great News ! we are now covering more than we use to... 26 years ago it was good insurance, now it is horrible... especially with what UPS pay's each week per employee...VOTE NO !!!! LETS SHOW THEM WE ARE UNION STRONG !

HubBub

Skimming both plans, the CS plan is definitely inferior to the company's current plan for PT'ers, in terms of what is covered and how much, as well as the deductible ($0 vs $200/$400). Prescriptions are %10 (UPS) vs %20 (CS). ER visits free with UPS plan, you pay %20 with CS. Those are just a few points that stand out. Also have to wonder about the quality and quantity of the CS in-network providers nationwide. I can't view the list of providers, so I can't check my area.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am currently in a union run plan that is not run by Central States. I have no desire to move out of my plan and into Central States.