latest contract update

flyersfan

My comment 5/10/15 is in cents per week,not dollars!That's why most of us are there,for the free benefits.With all the hard work we do for this company,we deserve it!They'd be nothing w/o us part timers.I've been there going on 9yrs now,seen many changes over the years,mgmt in most hubs are a real joke.I here complaints everyday from drivers leaving for the day,how many pickups they had,deliveries,you name it,we all work our balls off in this place,but we make the money for UPS!,if we strike on Aug.1st,this country will shut down big time!They will lose so many customers if this happened.I heard that when they went on a 10 day strike in the 90's,it took a year for them to get their customers back,if a strike happens again,they might never get them back.They might even lose a lot of them before Aug 1st.Customer's like Amazon wants this contract settled by the end of May or they will drop us as I hear.

saintrick

I am confused. My local has Blue cross Blue shield through central states. My wife is pregnant. Estimated out of pocket is around 700 dollars. My buddy's wife is pregnant as well. He is a sheriff's deputy. Out of pocket expenses for them is 4500 dollars. Please explain to me how my insurance sucks.

When compared to your friends plan you have good insurance but if compared to the company’s plan it does not compete.
UPS National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees
Maternity Benefits
Physician charges_____paid at 100% after $10 copay initial visit
Facility charges ______paid at 100% (no admission fee)

Also keep in mind that in addition to your wife’s cost you will also incur charges for your newborn that may increase your out of pocket cost.
These charges were covered 100% for both of my children.

The part time plan also provides an adoption assistance program. UPS pays $3,500 or $5,000 for adoption expenses.

TUT

ER visits free with UPS plan, you pay %20 with CS.

This is a hard lesson learned for me in '12. I had 3 emergency room visits in 3 months. It takes a while for the bills to come in, and you get several bills per visit, the organization is maddening alone. I have to pay 15%, the total cost of the ER visits were right around 20k, which is a sad joke but me having to pay 15%, needless to say that hurt and I put out an APB in-house, no ER unless they have to sew a limb back on. For '13 I changed plans to Kaiser, which you won't get stuck with such an ER bill how they are set up. But general hospital ER is through the roof. Just saying 20% ER is a killer.