latest contract update

wgf46

No reason at all why we should not get a good bargaining in good faith contract. I am thankful for my job and appreciate my benefits. Thank You UPS !!! But, show us some appreciation for creating $4.3 Billion with a CAPITAL B in profits for the Share Holders. A little appreciation never hurt anyone, try it sometime, who knows, you might like it and it just might be worth your time. Put us all in the same insurance, strength in numbers baby !!! Vote NO if we can't keep the same benefits or better with a minimum of cost of living raises. PT really needs a boost in pay scale !!!

DOK

Someone explain how the company would be able to charge us the 20/40/60 or whatever, if the health plan we will be in is administered by the union? I don't get the connection. The company pays xxx to the union to provide healthcare, not sure how the company then thinks it could charge the employee. In our local the healthcare is negotiated in the supplement, our healthcare is provided by the union.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Someone explain how the company would be able to charge us the 20/40/60 or whatever, if the health plan we will be in is administered by the union? I don't get the connection. The company pays xxx to the union to provide healthcare, not sure how the company then thinks it could charge the employee. In our local the healthcare is negotiated in the supplement, our healthcare is provided by the union.

The Union does not pay for anything.
UPS pays for everything.
The 20/40/60 would reduce the amount UPS has to pay.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I want to know if ill have the option to opt out and not pay? I will just have my wife get a job at the VA. So why should I have to pay if I don't need it?

DOK

The Union does not pay for anything.
UPS pays for everything.
The 20/40/60 would reduce the amount UPS has to pay.

So why doesn't ups just say at this point, we'll move everyone in the union plan but we're only willing to give you $xxx to cover those employees, and then let the focus of the negotiations shift to negotiating that figure. Instead of trying to negotiate a copay from the employees.

UPSGUY72

You need to read what it says more carefully. Everyone isn't moving to central states the people covered in that area would move to central states and the people in other parts of the US covered under a UPS run plan MIGHT move to a teamster plan in there area.

In my area the Health care is already run by the teamsters.

stink219

Each and every year the crooks at Central states make changes to what they will cover and what they won't.. Every year it gets worse...Never have they sent me a letter saying Great News ! we are now covering more than we use to... 26 years ago it was good insurance, now it is horrible... especially with what UPS pay's each week per employee...VOTE NO !!!! LETS SHOW THEM WE ARE UNION STRONG !
You need to come to my local. We always get letters like that which tell us how our bennies improved. Ours get better and better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So why doesn't ups just say at this point, we'll move everyone in the union plan but we're only willing to give you $xxx to cover those employees, and then let the focus of the negotiations shift to negotiating that figure. Instead of trying to negotiate a copay from the employees.

I do believe that is being considered in some form.

upsman2940

Lol!!! You could see this coming a mile away.... Start off high and end getting something!! Then they have the foot in the door!!! At least they could kiss us first!!

browned out

We hear about the rising health care costs projected by UPS. How come we don't hear about the profit outlook for the next few years from UPS or the Teamsters? The Post Office is losing $25 million per day. FedEx and UPS remain a dominant duopoly. Every year that goes by; the online shopper demographic increases. For example; My Dad is 70 and he does very little if any internet shopping. My son has just turned 18, has a debit card and shops frequently on the internet. It is inevitable that package shipping will go up every year as more and more of the population shops on-line. My Grandma is 90 and has never shopped on the internet but if I am still alive at 90; I will.

It is disgusting that any concessions are being entertained at all.

Oh, I remember; we are all lucky to have a job with such great harassment, heavy workloads, outstanding opportunity for a bad back, hip replacement, knee replacement, etc and a good chance you won't be able to reach retirement age.

PT Car Washer

We hear about the rising health care costs projected by UPS. How come we don't hear about the profit outlook for the next few years from UPS or the Teamsters? The Post Office is losing $25 million per day. FedEx and UPS remain a dominant duopoly. Every year that goes by; the online shopper demographic increases. For example; My Dad is 70 and he does very little if any internet shopping. My son has just turned 18, has a debit card and shops frequently on the internet. It is inevitable that package shipping will go up every year as more and more of the population shops on-line. My Grandma is 90 and has never shopped on the internet but if I am still alive at 90; I will.

Oh, I remember; we are all lucky to have a job with such great harassment, heavy workloads, outstanding opportunity for a bad back, hip replacement, knee replacement, etc and a good chance you won't be able to reach retirement age.

PT Car Washer

Oh you will reach retirement age. If you will have a pension or health care or social security or some money in the bank I do not know.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm a PTer with UPS provided insurance mostly through Aetna. Few years back I called the insurance helpline to check on how much it would cost me to have a couple wisdom teeth removed below the gumline since they were impacted. While talking with the CS agent on the line I found out it would be $0 and they were legitimately surprised by how good my insurance was, I paraphrase "This is the best I've seen in your region."

I think I'd rather pay a small sum than get significantly reduced benefits.

Negotiations are still on though, but is it better to pay nothing to get the benefits but pay out the ass when you use them or pay some for them and pay virtually nothing to use them?