Latest Fad May be Killing Dogs!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not really. This fad is making some dogs deathly ill.

They haven't established a cause/effect relationship. If you only read the headline, you may think they are saying foods made with meat products only are making dogs sick, especially if you aren't familiar with what "grain-free" means. But the targets of the investigation are the legumes and root vegetables used in "grain-free" dog foods. That's why the headline is misleading.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They haven't established a cause/effect relationship. If you only read the headline, you may think they are saying foods made with meat products only are making dogs sick, especially if you aren't familiar with what "grain-free" means. But the targets of the investigation are the legumes and root vegetables used in "grain-free" dog foods. That's why the headline is misleading.
These dog foods are so overpriced it's laughable.

It's amazing how easily people are scammed into wasting money on their animals.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
These dog foods are so overpriced it's laughable.

It's amazing how easily people are scammed into wasting money on their animals.

I don't have pets so I'm out of the loop on that stuff. I see how attached people get to them, it makes me feel sorry for them. Some use them as an excuse to not put in any effort maintaining their human relationships.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I read other articles suggesting amino acid deficiency. Grain free doesn't always mean healthy.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No dog food for our dogs. We do the BARF diet.
Raw meat. Chicken, turkey necks, fruit. Sounds high dollar but it's actually cheaper.
Dogs are carnivores. It's amazing the health problems our dogs don't have.