Laying off 22.4s.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The volume is normal here for beginning of the year but management giving people the option of layoff and a 22.4 or lower seniority ft runs the route for the day.
There’s just so much retail and industrial/medical facilities that receive and ship out here that the work will always be available.

Pullman Brown

Crazy. Were you down drivers before? I’m sure there’s pockets around the country that are still super busy and frankly today was pretty busy but it has been pretty light since the middle of January.

Musical chairs with drivers going to different center in building. Retirements not be replaced. A lot of FMLA and disability’s. Area is experiencing tremendous growth. Not as affected with economic downturns as other areas. But everything is just looked at through bottom line for the division.

Thebrownblob

Don't know. I'm sure some do. The bad part is contracts are usually more than a year when they do things like this.
True I had one of my largest shippers switched to FedEx about a year ago. They lasted three months. They said their software was horrible, damages, were worse than ours. And packages routinely did not make it to the destination. Most of the volume was back on my truck in three months. They still kept a FedEx pick up, but they only gave them minimal amount.

542thruNthru

Thanks a lot Sean ya TDU piece of crap. yeah! O’Brien!
tenor-35.gif

Brownwind

Is volume down due to competition taking it or are folk cutting back?
Talked to the fed ex and post office drivers today. They are down in our area also. Looks like it’s a regional thing with the volume.
With all the extra drivers I was able to put my name on the calendar and get a bunch of camp days during the next two months. Gonna be fun for me

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Talked to the fed ex and post office drivers today. They are down in our area also. Looks like it’s a regional thing with the volume.
With all the extra drivers I was able to put my name on the calendar and get a bunch of camp days during the next two months. Gonna be fun for me
Going camping with @MECH-lift ? Don’t sleep in the same tent