Layoffs After Peak

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Probably not paying their bill. They have been going down hill for a few years now. They built a brand new mega JCP here only to board it up about 5 years later. The building has been vacant for about 5 years now--long enough for the parking lot to start turning into a weed garden.
No we are cutting of shippers that go over their allotted amount.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Less stop counts here at the moment. We have no seasonal drivers other than pvd’s and there are a lot of pvds this year compared to last. They took one of the routes I had been running pretty much and I had a very heated conversation with my center manager and dispatch about it.

ouanling

Most drivers hired in the last few months here are on rentals and not in the union yet even after the probation of 3months(as you need to pass the written test i guess?). Fairly certain they'll fire all the :censored2:ty ones. They keep hiding the keys of the good rentals and they only do 20-50 stops a day.

Im getting kinda bored having to slow down to do my 100~ stops and not finish early. I always have to give off a bunch of extra stops so that the rental guys have work. On one side im giving away my :censored2: areas but on the other side im losing overtime.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I did not know that, UPS just always threatened it in the past, but usually folded like a cheap suit.
I guess that new chick in charge means business
If I remember correctly, they started doing that after that nightmare Peak of 2014(?) when both FedEx and UPS dropped the ball but UPS got most of the blame.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have heard some say that right now, the savings rate is at an all time high. There are also surveys that suggest that Americans plan on spending more on Christmas this year than they have in the past. If we don't have a crushing peak, I would think that volume will fall a little, but not a lot in January/February.

Right now, there are lots of things that people want, that are not in stock. We don't deliver many of those items (think appliances and furniture,) so there is that too.

If we over-hired, in my building, it was not by very much.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Our building has been instructed to run everything, every resource from helpers to PVD’s to seasonal to every truck. Results are that the average plan day is about 6 hours. Meanwhile our PVD’s who get $38.74 plus 54¢ a mile feel like they’ve hit gold.

A major issue is that Amazon is now Ama-Gon from our building. They’ve opened a bunch of buildings in our area and are now delivering their own stuff. Guys saw their stops go from 150 to 75 over night all while our management still hasn’t fully adjusted our delivery areas to get more stops. It’s just insane how mismanaged this place can be.

ouanling

I have heard some say that right now, the savings rate is at an all time high. There are also surveys that suggest that Americans plan on spending more on Christmas this year than they have in the past. If we don't have a crushing peak, I would think that volume will fall a little, but not a lot in January/February.

Right now, there are lots of things that people want, that are not in stock. We don't deliver many of those items (think appliances and furniture,) so there is that too.

If we over-hired, in my building, it was not by very much.
in canada we do furniture and appliance. We take everything from costco: Car jacks, couches, fridges, ovens, generators, dressers, beds, etc.

Cloud

You delivery a full oven from a package car?
1*P-pC8NHqgOxQvlBNqv8nyw.jpeg

full-sized oven delivery for their daughters maybe.