Layoffs

AKCoverMan

We not seeing layoffs in fact they are starting new rookies on packet. We have seen bottom cover drivers either getting laid off day here and there… but usually if they brown up and show up someone senior will take the layoff day instead. We mostly all did 55+ hour weeks thru all of October till after New Year so everyone is fine with a few dead days now.

Seems like normal volume pullback after January post Peak peak… we start hitting max vacations in May straight on thru August don’t think our junior members will be too hungry. My first year I was laid off every day for three weeks straight but after that I never had a layoff day I didn’t really want.

Thebrownblob

I've got plenty.....I make lot's of money and have lot's of guns and food. Shrug. Maybe pull my head out of my corvette....chuckle. Very different indeed....from your life.
Here we go Quad, conversation turns sour when someone says something you don’t like. SMH, obviously he’s not talking about some of us who have been at UPS for quite a while we make good money and we have seniority, we’re talking about the lower guys. Let’s not make it just about you.

542thruNthru

I’m probably better looking too.
tumblr_okgfdxpaZZ1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Thebrownblob

I used to love a heavy Monday. I was gonna be buried twice a week no matter what, rather get one day right out of the way early, than Thursday and Friday. And rack up OT early on, coast the rest if the week.
Yeah I don’t mind being busy and having the day go by, but recently they’ve been cutting the routes so deep that there’s no one to cover the OCA pick ups because the driver who would normally be in that area is halfway across town. So then they try to send them to the closest driver who’s also got three pick ups that close at the same time, trying to send them three routes away lol it’s a cluster. Doesn’t even take into account the horrible dispatch from the morning😂.

evilleace

Agreed they’ve been cutting routes for years, but this is a little different never seen them cut this deep, and never seen them care less about service than now.
I've never seen it this deep either. The route next time has been out on Mondays recently and I haven't ever seen it since I've been here. Wouldn't be a big deal except I might start getting bumped now. Didn't think that would ever happen when I took this route.