Layoffs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
TSP paperwork one week. Mass layoffs the next week. Lmao love this place.

How do layoffs with 22.4 even work if your only shifts are 7 hours apart?

542thruNthru

It’s a disaster and contradicts the 22.4 language in my opinion.
Layoff language would supersede the 22.4 language. They are being laid off. They are no longer 22.4s they are just FT combination workers.

So they should have a right to go to another center in the local district and displace a lower seniority 22.4. of course they won't do that because I'm sure it's a hell of a drive.

They have a right to displace two PT employees if they have more company seniority but only have to give them the 90min gap if it's available. I'm guessing you only have 2 shifts.

@BigUnionGuy would know this much better than me. This is just want I'm reading right now.

Brownslave688

Never heard of it.

Just 22.4s being laid off? Is it all of them?
It’s literally the paper work we got last week that everyone was talking about. Flex shifts. Optimize paid days blah blah blah.

I’m not at work this week but loads of people laid off Monday I was told. Not sure the rest of the week.

Honest question how to you “lay off” a combo position?

542thruNthru

It’s literally the paper work we got last week that everyone was talking about. Flex shifts. Optimize paid days blah blah blah.

I’m not at work this week but loads of people laid off Monday I was told. Not sure the rest of the week.
Oh that paper. Yeah we all knew that was a joke.
Honest question how to you “lay off” a combo position?
It's just a loop hole the company uses. They don't need them for what the job entails so they lay them off but are still obligated to give them 8 hours if they ask for it. I'm sure lots will just request 1 pt shift.

Brownslave688

Oh that paper. Yeah we all knew that was a joke.

It's just a loop hole the company uses. They don't need them for what the job entails so they lay them off but are still obligated to give them 8 hours if they ask for it. I'm sure lots will just request 1 pt shift.
A loop hole. Shocker

I did the same thing, Talked to the Center Manager I said do you guys really believe they’re shoving stops per car up our behinds One week, and the next they’re going to take our requests? He smiled and said absolutely not.
I really don't know what the motivation behind it is.

Just like in 2018 when they wanted to reduce the average pay date at 8.5 hours

How long did that last?

Overpaid Union Thug

My center didn’t receive “TSPs”.
So they should have a right to go to another center in the local district and displace a lower seniority 22.4. of course they won't do that because I'm sure it's a hell of a drive.

They have a right to displace two PT employees if they have more company seniority but only have to give them the 90min gap if it's available. I'm guessing you only have 2 shifts.

We don’t have that language. Wish we did. Does that also apply to drivers on TAW? Layoffs/TAW here result in drivers having to work preload/local sort to get our 8 hours. Would’ve nice to have the option to bump into the nearest hub to get consecutive shifts.

Est.1998

Probably a way for them to try to sneaky PVD drivers in
Every Monday, drivers were moved around to cover routes.
Bid drivers complained, filled grievances.
Management solution: cut routes.
Now, those drivers remain on their bid routes but have more stops and add/cuts:
(heavy on the adds, low on the cuts)