Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOffTheStreets

Don’t think so. They only pay pension and healthcare contributions on the first 40 hours worked. Hours 40 thru 60 are actually cheaper.

Also factor in that a lot of drivers move faster when they are overloaded. If they give us easy days we dick around too much 😂
I used to do that as well, everybody did early on most likely.
These days, the less I get the faster I go. Load me down, I'll stay out all night.

anonymous23456

From the internet:

Laid off all next week….​

Got a call stating I’d be laid off all next week. I have nearly 7 years with ups and 3.5 of it driving for the current center. We need to figure out our volume issues. I submitted a business lead back in November. The customer has yet to receive a call from business offices. Is ups trying to go under??? Did Tome :censored2:can the sales people?! wtf is happening to this company?

--------------------------

I have heard the same from customers saying that the agent or rep or business contact was horrible

This is a company that engages in billions worth of stock buybacks every year. Our wages have depreciated to pre 2018 levels of purchasing power all the while prices have increased across the board.

Even if the rate of inflation stabilizes drivers can only hope to break even over the life of this agreement; and the IBT backed exaggeration of our benefits package—as based on the inelastic cost of healthcare—has many of our members blaming ourselves.

The new contract is robbing us, it’s got nothing to do with the layoffs besides the way it works in the company’s favor. They have more spending money, share prices skyrocket, and the executives are compensated to reflect it.

Yeah, they don’t have to let people go. It’s a crock of :censored2:. No conspiracies or closed doors either: it’s all public domain.

Yeah hub in New England just got the same call. Probably wont be back till May/Early June. Its so bad over here we got feeder drivers bumping RPCDs who are bumping PTers. 2 weeks ago they told us even if we go inside we have to drive sat which is cool. Now they said new orders from on high no driving Saturday unless you do monday-thursday 1130-9 preload. Twilight doesn't get to drive.

Carol has :censored2:canned just about every internal department that doesn't directly generate revenue, including Sales.

Do you read the company’s forward looking statements and press releases? They telegraph their moves in advance. Through automation they plan on reducing the part time workforce by 150k or did you miss that? Did you miss the part about selling assets once consolidating operations is done? They will split the ground and Air operations and sell the Ground and keep the air. Wait and see.

dudebro

IE will be :censored2: canned next.
People say that every year. What dept do you think is responsible for the network planning shift from manual to automated hubs? Because we mainly have drivers in this forum, they think the only function IE has is planning volume and stops. It's more than that.

anonymous23456

The ORION developers, DIAD 6 designers and Carol should be the first to go!
Then what do you replace with? It is a fantasy to have no system in place and drivers can make their own decision.

You are a cog in the machine. You are not the whole machine!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.