Leaving packages in the rain

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I carry 3 sizes of weather bags in my FedEx truck. small ones with the FedEx logo and phone number, medium sized ones that I also use at home for yard work or garbage:), & a few "body bags"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I had 5 - 100 lb, particle board, fake furniture boxes down the center and rear of my pc. I had to get them off so I could get to my commercial bulk stops. It's pouring rain and this house has no porch or any other shelter. Was i wrong to just leave them in front of their garage?
They knew it was "a coming". Good luck, dump and go, we cant hold stuff. Some customers on my route leave a tarp which works great.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Out of sight, out of weather. I feel like a broken record. Of course this is only if they are not at home.

Does it piss you off, yes, but it is your job to safely deliver that package, be it 1 lb or 150.
No porch no over hang to cover it no dr bag fitting over package not my fault period end of story. This is why we have e choice if customer wants it safe and out of sight go on e choice and tell me where you want your packages placed simple easy and to the point.

Back first

I had 5 - 100 lb, particle board, fake furniture boxes down the center and rear of my pc. I had to get them off so I could get to my commercial bulk stops. It's pouring rain and this house has no porch or any other shelter. Was i wrong to just leave them in front of their garage?
Personally I would of wrote a note on info notice boxes too large to leave in the rain. Ni1

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Had a similar situation this week, I had some time so I sliced open some DR bags and did the best I could. But I was in a good mood.

It’s on the customer to be available.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Aren’t customers sent emails telling them a package is out for delivery? If they know it’s pouring and they have a 100 lb package coming, seems like they should be home or make other arrangements. What do they expect?

ManInBrown

Since you don't have a route, and don't see the same people everyday, you wouldn't understand.
I had my own route and saw the same people everyday. You mean the same people when it’s 100 degrees out don’t even offer you water. The same people when it’s pouring rain out let you stand there for 5 minutes ringing there doorbell for a DSR and don’t answer with 7 cars in the driveway. Yeah 98% of the customers on my bid route could get fu*$ed. I couldn’t care less, just like they couldn’t care less

ManInBrown

True story. I had a guy one time on my route who lived in about a 3 million dollar house. Gets this big irregular. I wheel it to the front door and leave it. As I’m walking down the walkway he comes out of the garage holding 2 bottled waters in his hand. Asks me to bring the package to the garage. I reluctantly agree. I bring it to the garage and he doesn’t even thank me. Gets in his car with the two bottled waters and drives away. 100 degrees out. That’s the same guy I’m supposed to care if his package gets wet? Don’t hold your breath

Indecisi0n

For guys that say just dump it and run just be careful because a lot of people have cameras. If they complain and show the company you leaving it out of sight/weather it's you who will pay the price. To add insult to injury it will be you with the damage call take to pick it back up only to have yo redeliver it at a later time.

Tape a few bags together and cover the ground and the top. At least show you somewhat give a :censored2:.

Fuzzy Brown

Nope. Customer should have been there to receive them with rain in the forecast. They take on that responsibility when they place an order for large items that can’t be bagged.

There’s no scenario in which my center manager would have told me to bring five 100 pound residential stop boxes back to center because it’s raining.
At least they weren’t signature required.

cornfed

I don’t care much about the forecast. If it’s raining, it gets a bag or under/inside covered area. If not, I’m good and haven’t been in trouble for it.