Left on an emergency today supervisor got mad

LeadBelly

Banned
Rather than overact and create a potential service disruption, it would have been more prudent to seek a second opinion.
Yes, probably so but with an inconsolable wife that I'm loyal to more that anything I had to make sure she was okay at all costs. We at ups are all expendable. Meaning someone can do the rest of it. It might be uncomfortable that day but we are all uncomfortable many days at the package factory.

I'm going on 18 years happily married. I'm not sure what I did to deserve someone who's as loyal to me as i am to her but I'm holding on to her at all costs.

542thruNthru

Rather than overact and create a potential service disruption, it would have been more prudent to seek a second opinion.

Hysterical wife > service disruption. Ya it's not even close. I will always want my wife to know I will be there for her when she needs me. That situation could have been a extreme life change. She needed him there and he did the right thing.

PoopDog

It's called dropping your load. I've had to do it before. The last time was long ago. My wife was at the doctor with our daughter when she was two and a half. The nurse said that she thought our daughter was autistic. My was freaked out and called me. I had to drop my load and make sure she was going to be okay. It turned out out daughter was fine and she was just quiet. She's smarter than I ever was or will be. It was a bogus diagnosis.

The point being you have to do what you have to do. I wouldn't make a habit of dropping your load but sometimes things happen and ups can handle it. There isn't one of us that ups can't get through the day without but our loved ones need us.
Drop a loaf

CanOSup

One of them
Emergencies happen. Alot of people have given sound advice. Don't make it a common occurrence. Apply for FMLA.

I don't mind finishing the day for any of my drivers. It's a real kick to the sack when a supervisors working grievance shows up after though.

km3

It's a real kick to the sack when a supervisors working grievance shows up after though

From a different driver, I would hope. I would never grieve a supervisor who I asked to help me. That's just a gutless move right there.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Emergencies happen. Alot of people have given sound advice. Don't make it a common occurrence. Apply for FMLA.

I don't mind finishing the day for any of my drivers. It's a real kick to the sack when a supervisors working grievance shows up after though.
Got one last year after taking over for a guy whose young kid was rushed to the ER.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hysterical wife > service disruption. Ya it's not even close. I will always want my wife to know I will be there for her when she needs me. That situation could have been a extreme life change. She needed him there and he did the right thing.
This is where everyone's idea of an emergency is different comes in.

I might have called in and asked if they could get someone to cover the route. But wouldn't have just dropped it and left.

I've only asked someone to take over my route 1 time. My wife had just found out she had a miscarriage. I delivered for another hour or so until they could get someone out to take over.

But if they had said no one was avalible I would of called my wife and said sorry I have to finish the day. She's a big girl and can handle things herself.

GameCockFan

I've only had it happen twice in 29 years. Don't make a habit out of it and it won't be a problem. Sometimes things happen outside your control. If it's truly an emergency you have nothing to worry about.

bumped

It's called dropping your load. I've had to do it before. The last time was long ago. My wife was at the doctor with our daughter when she was two and a half. The nurse said that she thought our daughter was autistic. My was freaked out and called me. I had to drop my load and make sure she was going to be okay. It turned out out daughter was fine and she was just quiet. She's smarter than I ever was or will be. It was a bogus diagnosis.

The point being you have to do what you have to do. I wouldn't make a habit of dropping your load but sometimes things happen and ups can handle it. There isn't one of us that ups can't get through the day without but our loved ones need us.

I was on vacation when an early childhood development teacher with 25 years experience told us our child was autistic. I was a wreck and cried for days. I'm even tearing up now thinking about it. There would have been no way I could drive a package car. Luckily after a second and third opinion my child might be on the spectrum, but is not autistic.

Indecisi0n

Yes, probably so but with an inconsolable wife that I'm loyal to more that anything I had to make sure she was okay at all costs. We at ups are all expendable. Meaning someone can do the rest of it. It might be uncomfortable that day but we are all uncomfortable many days at the package factory.

I'm going on 18 years happily married. I'm not sure what I did to deserve someone who's as loyal to me as i am to her but I'm holding on to her at all costs.
You must be good in the sack.

LeadBelly

Banned
I was on vacation when an early childhood development teacher with 25 years experience told us our child was autistic. I was a wreck and cried for days. I'm even tearing up now thinking about it. There would have been no way I could drive a package car. Luckily after a second and third opinion my child might be on the spectrum, but is not autistic.
It was a bad diagnosis. It shook us up really bad. With my wife and kids it's biblical to me. Coming up the way I had to its imperative that I right the ship. I have to be a man my son & daughter look up to. Not having this sense of pride growing up is my fuel.

I'm sorry you had to go through that brother. It's awful to be in that mind state. I'm glad youand your child are doing well!!!

LeadBelly

Banned
I stay home when one of my dogs isn't feeling well.
When my dog Eve died in 2012 i about died over it.
IMG_2510.JPG
Rip Yvette Eve