Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

gingerkat

The most dangerous is prescription drugs. I dropped my air w/ 5 other Dr about a yr ago. Asked if any had ibuprofen. Got a lot of drugs that I know idea what they were called out. That's the gateway drug. Not the other stuff
This post is very unspecific in nature.

If we wanted to get down to the nitty gritty, I think every person taking a drug, whether it's prescription or non prescription could potentially have a "gateway drug". It would depend on the persons addictive nature and how their body responds to medicine/drugs of any kind.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Thanks, another reason to have no respect or use for the US National government.

Agreed. The war on drug is a bi-partisan debacle. No President has the guts to do the right thing once they get into office.

Even a liberal like me would give props to a Republican President that came into office and immediately pardoned ALL non-violent drug offenders. Why would that be so hard?

MAKAVELI

This post is very unspecific in nature.

If we wanted to get down to the nitty gritty, I think every person taking a drug, whether it's prescription or non prescription could potentially have a "gateway drug". It would depend on the persons addictive nature and how their body responds to medicine/drugs of any kind.

I don't have a problem with an adult smoking weed for medicinal or recreational purposes. But I also believe it can be a gateway drug for teenagers. As alcohol and tobacco can be as well. It all has to do with when and where a person is in their life and if that person has an addictive predisposition. I personally believe if more time and money is spent on prevention and treatment especially for the youth that would have the biggest impact on drug abuse and related crimes. Lower the demand and you lower the supply. It's no coincidence that the US is the largest consumer of drugs.

gingerkat

I'm not making a statement either way on pot. I'm just saying that anything in excess is dangerous.

I try to live and live. But, because I live in pot central where everyone seems to smoke it, it grates on me at times. I will disagree with anyone that says it doesn't impair memory. I hate when I'm dealing with a 40 year old pot head that can't remember what we talked about 2 hours ago.

Most people that I know that smoke it regularly, can't seem to put it away. Whereas when I take my narcotic pain medicine, I take it when my pain is present.

gingerkat

Supposedly Vicodin/Norco is the number 1 addictive prescription medicine, because it's prescribed so easily and it's refillable. I used to get 180 of those each month. But it's also dangerous because the amount of acetaminophen in it.

My stuff is not refillable and I must pick up a physical prescription with a watermark from the pain clinic each month.

PT Car Washer

Try working with the old potheads. Telling me they can work better when they are high. Getting paid $31.75 an hour to rewrap boxes because that is the extent of their abilities after smoking dope every night for decades.

oldngray

nowhere special
Try working with the old potheads. Telling me they can work better when they are high. Getting paid $31.75 an hour to rewrap boxes because that is the extent of their abilities after smoking dope every night for decades.

I used to work with a preloader who used drugs instead of drinking alcohol because he thought it was healthier. He fried his brain so bad he couldn't preload so UPS had to move him to unload where he could work without a functional brain.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I can't quote easily through my iphone but you stated the war on drugs was a failure. Illegal drug usage - which is what the war was on - has dropped significantly. The rise has been in perscription drug abuse; much like alcohol abuse it's a concern but definitely not what the war on drugs targeted.

The rise in overindulgence in alcohol is a concern. There's no doubt in my mind that legalizing marijuana will result in much of the same. While I believe marijuana use is mostly harmful, I'm concerned about legions of young people driving while high.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am watching the NBC Nightly News and the segment on this issue showed a father and son who had driven all the way from Georgia to buy their .25oz (each) of pot.

The state is estimating $600M in sales with tax revenues of about $67M, which is being earmarked for new schools.

I used to work with a preloader who used drugs instead of drinking alcohol because he thought it was healthier. He fried his brain so bad he couldn't preload so UPS had to move him to unload where he could work without a functional brain.

How's he doing now in IE?

brown_trousers

I wonder if UPS will now start random drug testing in colorado and washington? So far, in my 8 years as a driver, i have never heard of UPS asking anyone for a random drug test

oldngray

nowhere special
I wonder if UPS will now start random drug testing in colorado and washington? So far, in my 8 years as a driver, i have never heard of UPS asking anyone for a random drug test

Neither have I. Always there is cause to suspect before the test. Even after an accident drivers aren't normally tested. But if you light up you always run that risk so how much is your job worth?

Marijuana is a gateway to positive piss test in wa and co. It was legal in mt but the Feds raided all pot stores in 2011.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Supposedly Vicodin/Norco is the number 1 addictive prescription medicine, because it's prescribed so easily and it's refillable. I used to get 180 of those each month. But it's also dangerous because the amount of acetaminophen in it.

My stuff is not refillable and I must pick up a physical prescription with a watermark from the pain clinic each month.
Luckily for me that stuff does nothing for me (I guess). Realized this after surgery earlier last year. All it does is make me itch.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The constipation is normal with opiates. Had some second degree burns all over my right leg a few years ago and it didn't help for that either.