Let’s say the company wants to discipline for not drinking 3 gallons of water, what are you going to do ? (On Topic Only)

Thebrownblob

That and also that the steward can literally stop discipline just because he/she says they can't issue it per the contract.

That's what the grievance process is for.
People ask me all the time can they do this and write me up?

my reply is they could write you up for having your zipper undoned if they want to if you file the appropriate grievance it will get thrown out and they will look foolish. If you don’t then you’ll get whatever discipline they decided because you did not fight it.

Thebrownblob

Been in those rooms to many times to count.

You do have eat, though.
Can you tell when I’m trying to make light? I spent a week and a half excoriating you for your comment and now you post a thread on something “you” said. I was willing to let it go. Apparently you are not.

542thruNthru

Agreed. tell @Integrity to leave it alone. The answer is crystal clear no Steward with his merit would allow the member to be disciplined. He would have them file the appropriate grievance and move on. It would go absolutely nowhere if you file.
That's the wording that confuses people.

He can't stop it. He can help the member fight it. :)

542thruNthru

Let it go. I’m soooo tired of this.
Come here big guy. I feel your pain.
llmZp6fCVb4ju.gif

Thebrownblob

That's the wording that confuses people.

He can't stop it. He can help the member fight it. :)
Understandable, by now allowing it, I mean to make sure they understand it doesn’t have merit and all they have to do is file. That’s all anyone can do. That’s what the grievance procedure is for. Although pounding fist and flipping tables over is rather fun..😂

Integrity

Binge Poster
The following question was asked in another thread and I thought it might make for interesting discussion:

So the company deems one of your members did not drink 3 gallons of water and they initiated progressive discipline on him or her.

As a steward, how would you handle this attempt to discipline your member?

As a rank and file member how would you expect your shop steward to handle this?
If I were the shop steward first thing I would do upon hearing about this is to immediately set up a first step discipline hearing between myself, the management person who is attempting to discipline the member, and the member.

When steward I always advised the members to never have one on one discussions that could result in discipline without myself or the alternate present.

If I were not shop steward I would request my shop steward to be present prior to any discussion that might lead to discipline of any kind.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The fact that you started a thread about it means you though it had merit and that says enough all by its self.
Not really.

Discipline of this nature really has no merit, it is laughable as you said.

Many UPS management are really so bad at their jobs and have so little integrity that most attempts at discipline lack “just cause”.