Let UPS show you the proper way to make employee morale bottom out

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We had created a throw-away gmail account because we debated sending that email anonymously (because of the obvious risk). Again, we had been required to use our personal gmail accounts, already, for what they called 'CEAS audits' and our terminal mgmt not only knew this, but required us to (even though it's 'against company policy'). I'm telling you, the list of daily activities we had to do EVERY DAY that were against the law or against policy, was insane. Every time we would raise an issue, it was like talking to a brick wall. No matter who we went to or what method we choose, we got either no response or a very 'not-so-anonymous wake-up call' from using the helpline. We figured using that email to be the only way to stay anonymous while getting past the layer of local mgmt that we thought was squashing all our helpline and oral/email complaints. Ultimately, we feared the spam filters wouldn't allow it to get through to the large quantity of mgrs. so, after two more of us bit the dust from the constant scapegoating, he took a leap of faith by signing his name to it and hoping that UPS would at least abide by the law. I don't know why you're believing a word that lady said after I just told you they made that stuff up. Nowhere was there ever 'confidential information' posted, and the only time anything hit that gmail account, was when we thought we were going to send it from there. It never went anywhere and the company was never exposed to any sort of risk, liability, or loss. They are put at more risk every time one of their drivers goes driving. They made that up.

Also, this was in the making for weeks, by several people. So, not all of it necessarily applied exclusively to who sent it. Not one time was performance mentioned as a reason for the termination. None of our performances were where they should have been, but that doesn't mean it wasn't 'good enough'. Frankly, it was. It just could have been better, if we hadn't been being beat down and always feeling helpless. The lifespan for supes is so short that, yes, every one of my co-workers were actively looking for another job. Things have to be pretty damn bad if they can't hold onto people at $18/hr even when they don't have any sort of relevant experience or a college degree. In this case, they literally hired a homeless guy off the street because they go through so many people they don't have a choice. This is all because of all the bs and illegal stuff they offload onto us, but instead of addressing some of these issues...they just keep the vicious cycle going. Not attempting to improve anything, and scapegoating the supes when upper-mgmt wants an answer.

Lastly, sure, some would say it's unprofessional, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still a legally protected complaint. OSHA statutes will protect even intense profanity laced out-bursts, if it's about the worker not wanting to violate safety laws. You have to damn near punch your boss in the face to lose protection. Safety is serious. They know that some mgrs are gonna play things down and threaten termination if the employees aren't willing to overlook issues, which can lead to seriously tense situations.

You just don't get it.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
You just don't get it.
Maybe not, man. =/

We just felt like there were a lot things that could be resolved with little to no cost and hardly any effort. Probably less cost and effort, than what they are spending on the constant 'training' and keeping up their image. I mean, the turnover is so high, our 'trainer' wasn't even out of his probationary period, yet.

Personally, I do have a very warped perspective of life in general. Although, every single person I met there felt the same way.