Let's Talk More About Lasership

overflowed

How much do you guys charge for an on call pickup?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I recently ear hustled a conversation about this between a manager and a rte next to me. She said an oncall is $4 per package, not per pickup very clearly. That's what I heard don't know personally if that's correct but this was within the last few months

MAKAVELI

They are not refusing to make the pickup---it sounds like there is no daily pickup due to the shipper and contractor being unable to establish a pickup time which works for both of them.

Sent using BrownCafe App
All they have to do is schedule an ocall pu. No negotiating between customer and contractor is required. Express does it daily with 1 hour windows. Doesn't matter where or when a pu is scheduled, as long as they schedule by cutoff times.If they refuse to pu on a regular basis, what do you think if they had express pu?

dezguy

You don't charge for on demand/unscheduled pickups? We charge $10 just to walk in the front door.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Maybe it is different down there but up here they do not charge for an oncall. They also don't charge for a reg pup that doesn't have any volume and doesn't call ahead to cancel, like UPS does.

bbsam

Staff member
All they have to do is schedule an ocall pu. No negotiating between customer and contractor is required. Express does it daily with 1 hour windows. Doesn't matter where or when a pu is scheduled, as long as they schedule by cutoff times.If they refuse to pu on a regular basis, what do you think if they had express pu?
when we set up "on call" pickups, we set the window in the normal delivery framework.

overflowed

U.S. Express Package Services, $8.50 per package
U.S. Ground Services,
International Ground Service
International Express Package Services $8.50 per shipment
U.S. Express Freight Services $110 per piece, skid or pallet
FedEx International Priority Freight, $110 per shipment
FedEx International Economy Freight
Maybe she said ten as rounding off from 850 but I for sure she said per package as it states above.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe it is different down there but up here they do not charge for an oncall. They also don't charge for a reg pup that doesn't have any volume and doesn't call ahead to cancel, like UPS does.

We now have a Smart pickup option. $10/week, which is half of our non-discounted rate, to get picked up only on the days they have stuff going.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M I Indy

so if it's all about time commitments and everybody knows it, when are you guys gonna pick up the slack and turn a decent profit?

Fred and you stole their profit! The Express couriers built the business and reputation you now live off of! Fred found a way to increase his profits by dodging Federal employee rules when he farmed it out to you for pennies on the dollar, and you drive down industry wages by doing it for so little. I guess you're in Iowa because it's only a four letter word, anything more you wouldn't know what state you live in, IQ not high enough. You have no respect for those who laid the "groundwork" for your scam, so obviously you have no self respect, too much for you to comprehend, you POS!

what's to discuss?

Right again, genius! Nothing to discuss, since you are a de facto manager and your drivers are de facto employees, under the direction of your "customer" Fed Ex. You even say the slant is heavily in their favor, so negotiate your own level playing field, instead signing a unilateral ISP agreement with a few blanks for payouts to be filled. Negotiate your own written 80 page agreement, with no gag order. See how that works out for ya'! Now let's return to our regular programming (topic).

bbsam

Staff member
Fred and you stole their profit! The Express couriers built the business and reputation you now live off of! Fred found a way to increase his profits by dodging Federal employee rules when he farmed it out to you for pennies on the dollar, and you drive down industry wages by doing it for so little. I guess you're in Iowa because it's only a four letter word, anything more you wouldn't know what state you live in, IQ not high enough. You have no respect for those who laid the "groundwork" for your scam, so obviously you have no self respect, too much for you to comprehend, you POS!

Right again, genius! Nothing to discuss, since you are a de facto manager and your drivers are de facto employees, under the direction of your "customer" Fed Ex. You even say the slant is heavily in their favor, so negotiate your own level playing field, instead signing a unilateral ISP agreement with a few blanks for payouts to be filled. Negotiate your own written 80 page agreement, with no gag order. See how that works out for ya'! Now let's return to our regular programming (topic).
yep. I'm dumb.

M I Indy

yep. I'm dumb.

Just because you can, doesn't make it right! Be respectful, no need to attack Express couriers over profit, they have no control over that, just like you won't when Fred finds someone to do it for less than you, corporate will always go for the cheaper employee.

bbsam

Staff member
Just because you can, doesn't make it right! Be respectful, no need to attack Express couriers over profit, they have no control over that, just like you won't when Fred finds someone to do it for less than you, corporate will always go for the cheaper employee.
maybe you just need some medication. MFE often says he likes pulling my chain. This is just some goin the other way. Others understand that.