Letter from hall to me. I will provide copy to anyone that wants one.

Theking30

SHORTY
Re: Letter from Ken H to me. I will provide copy to anyone that wants one.

Are you involved in your local union? If you are how???
involved. Why yes i am. Paying dues should be enough for you. But just for the record. Let me list a few.
I have attended rally's
i served as a steward.
Played in a few union golf scrabbles.
I Help collect money when our brothers are out with an injury.
Unlike most I have been to my union hall.
I have even went to an injured brothers home and done chores for him and his family.

Some of us are getting a raw deal, and we will fight as long as we can.
If we win we can stand proud.
if we lose we can also stand proud for not rolling over.

Being a Teamster is standing strong with your fellow workers during the good times and the bad.

i have read many of your posts. So I know you understand the situation we are in.

You have to understand we were given a paper on guidelines for our insurance. Guidelines??? We should at least have a better explanation of benefits. Do you agree?
What is being a teamster to you?

Integrity

Binge Poster

Ken H, this letter is just a scare tactic. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Teamster. After reading the letter I felt like Ups was harassing and intimidating me, so these are the tactics you use on me. My vote will be no every single time until you are gone.
thanks
Have a nice day.
Theking30,

I understand your concern. It is very troubling to be living in these troubled times.

I mean you no disrespect but I would like comment on your post.

First off the title is misleading. The letter was not directly sent to you it was sent as a bulk mail to all UPS Teamster members.

I personally thought it was very straight forward and informative.

The part about the Western Area Local and Local 177 getting the opportunity to come up with their own health insurance plan for their members by November as part of the National Agreement was very interesting.

I think this letter is trying to set straight all the truly uninformed rabid anti-teamster jargon in the shops, on the forums, and anywhere the Contract is or the Union is being discussed.

I think it was well done even though experience has shown that Big Unions, Big Companies and Big Government such as we have in the US are fraught with corruption.

Sincerely,
I

kingOFchester

I think it was well done even though experience has shown that Big Unions, Big Companies and Big Government such as we have in the US are fraught with corruption.

Sincerely,
I
Corruption....no....Your kidding right? There are corrupt politicians?? Don't believe it!

nixon-i-am-not-a-crook.jpg
nixon-i-am-not-a-crook.jpg

involved. Why yes i am. Paying dues should be enough for you. But just for the record. Let me list a few.
I have attended rally's
i served as a steward.
I have even went to an injured brothers home and done chores for him and his family.

Being a Teamster is standing strong with your fellow workers during the good times and the bad.

i have read many of your posts. So I know you understand the situation we are in.

You have to understand we were given a paper on guidelines for our insurance. Guidelines??? We should at least have a better explanation of benefits. Do you agree?
What is being a teamster to you?[/QUOTE

kingOFchester

kingOFchester,

Is everything a joke to you?

Sincerely,
I

Obviously you do not read all my posts. Take the time to click on my user name, then click on "view forum posts". That may enlighten you a bit.

I will save you the time, no, not everything is a joke to me. My family, my retirement funds and my job to name a few.

That said:

funny-cartoon-illustration-man-mooning-give-moon-thumb18936749.jpg
funny-cartoon-illustration-man-mooning-give-moon-thumb18936749.jpg

I have attended rally's
i served as a steward.

What is being a teamster to you?
Yea I agree the international and most of the locals dropped the ball on examining the benifits. What does being a teamster mean to me?? First I have to be comfortable with myself before I can help others as a steward that I do for free because I am the kind of person who has always stuck up for others sometimes getting an ass kicking when I was younger or fired multiple times at ups. I pay dues get tons of :censored2: from some members and the calls. Oh the calls from members like I got a DUI or I just found out I have a medical condition that prevents me from driving and possibly working for ups ever again.

All this kind of stuff on top of working eleven hours a day trying to be a good husband. Trying to be a good role model for my kids, trying to be an honest person , hobbies , the union meeting, maintaining my home ,trying not to drink to much, going down to panel because some maroon did some stupid :censored2:.

Man I've got a Bluetooth in my ear all day. I listen to music on my iPhone a d a radio show (the Jim Rome show) everyday. I get all kinds of calls everyday. Some days I just want to listen to the music or show but I'm here for these guys. What do I get out of this a lot of headaches and the reward that I know I'm trying to help my fellow man or woman (brothers&sisters) and that I am scoring points with Jesus for being a steward of men. God bless you man in whatever you do and how ever you VOTE.

I know this for sure brother I've been treated sometimes real bad here for JUST supporting this contract and its uncalled for but my skin is thick and this just is a message board after all.

​It just really doesn't matter.

beavis

Corruption....no....Your kidding right? There are corrupt politicians?? Don't believe it!

View attachment 9733

Nixon? Really? Most people on here weren't alive when he was president. Show the most recent and most corrupt president. The one who's namesake healthcare is responsible for all this contract bickering.

kingOFchester

The above post by 407 is certainly one of the better posts I have read on BC in the last few days.

kingOFchester

Nixon? Really? Most people on here weren't alive when he was president. Show the most recent and most corrupt president. The one who's namesake healthcare is responsible for all this contract bickering.

I used the best example. There are many many many other examples. I am not a fan of Obama, but I have no proof of corruption.

Anyone worth their salt as an American should certainly be familiar with Watergate. But, sadly no, I bet most Americans can name the new Prince, or better yet, every kardashian.

This is what Americans seem to want:

honey-boo-boo-child.jpg
honey-boo-boo-child.jpg

teamster 804

Its a sad day for unions when you cant figure out who is on your side.First they give them unlimited extension,now this letter.Seems to me the Teamsters have forgot that it is about the membership.Its not as if the national passed by a landslide by no means and you have 18 locals not happy with there supplements.HELLLO!!! The members are not happy.The national gets passed every contract by the members,who will jump when UPS throws a nickel at them because they dont want to rock the boat,well that boat almost sank this time.This company treats every member like garbage,they even treat there own like garbage.There should be no favors no concessions,it was time to take a stand which a huge majority did and still is.We need leadership not allies with this miserable company.

tourists24

Ken H, this letter is just a scare tactic. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Teamster. After reading the letter I felt like Ups was harassing and intimidating me, so these are the tactics you use on me. My vote will be no every single time until you are gone.
thanks
Have a nice day.
What is it you want changed in your supplement?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You must be pretty important to get a letter from Ken. The master passed. It WON'T change. Try to wrap your mind around that. All you can hope for now is a sweetened supplement. Keep voting no, all you'll be doing is delaying the inevitable.

Your opinion is WRONG. For now, the master has been ratified by a small margin. The supplements have been rejected. If we vote down the supplements two more times, then an AUTOMATIC strike vote has to be taken.

If we vote to strike at that point, the company and union will have NO CHOICE but to open up the master and re tool it or we will go on strike.

Voting down the supplementals is key to getting the master agreement re negotiated.

We dont have to be stuck with the national, unless we are lose interest and a smaller number of people vote in each local.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Your opinion is WRONG. For now, the master has been ratified by a small margin. The supplements have been rejected. If we vote down the supplements two more times, then an AUTOMATIC strike vote has to be taken.

If we vote to strike at that point, the company and union will have NO CHOICE but to open up the master and re tool it or we will go on strike.

Voting down the supplementals is key to getting the master agreement re negotiated.

We dont have to be stuck with the national, unless we are lose interest and a smaller number of people vote in each local.

Peace

TOS

And on the flip side, UPS can at that point lock out Teamster employees for failure to bargain in good faith and hire replacement employees.

I think UPS could be looking forward to that scenario 10 years from now but I doubt if UPS is ready yet.

​If it gets to that point, it will be some dicey and interesting times.

And by the way, an OPINION by definition cannot be wrong.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

kingOFchester,

Is everything a joke to you?

Sincerely,
I

I think I can speak for every member of Brown Cafe (probably even you) when I say that anything coming from you is a joke.

We never consider anything you post as serious or sincere ... your are a joke.
There is no single member of Brown Cafe that would be more hypocritical in asking this question (Is everything a joke to you?) than the big joke I.

With that said, please continue with your insincere joke posts as I do find it humourous.

Theking30

SHORTY
National says that a supplement can not change health care. Then why in the world does the central states supplement contain pages on health care coverage. Seems a little misleading.

The letter was sent to me and it came directly to me in my mail box. I did not intend on misleading anyone. Did everyone get the exact same letter?

Evidently some supplements have better language on 8 hours and 9.5 days.

How is it we currently have different insurance plans than the other teamsters? Oh!! Must be in the supplement or rider!!

anonymous. Stand strong and keep up the good work. I remember the days when people would call at all hours of the night for just random stuff or just to vent. I stood down when my family had to come first.

What amazes me is that hardly anyone around here has even read all the different contracts.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What i find disturbing about this current state of our negotiations is the complete "disconnect" between the IBT and the members. In the begining of the year, there were rallies, fist pumping, promises and calls for unity.

Today, the IBT is hiding from us. Even our own local leaders ( in the southwest) are hiding from us. For example, here in local 396, it has been a month and our local has yet to call a meeting for our UPSers to discuss the reasons we rejected the master, rider and supplemental agreements.

Its as if they are not concerned why. Sure, they know insurance is a big part, but what about our other concerns?

They simply ran and hid, as they wait for the IBT to attempt to fix everything.

Where are the rallies? Where are the big speeches? Where is the constant communication? Where are the appearances by the top IBT brass ?

Instead, if they dont like what someone is saying, they send a letter home to threaten that person.

Well, we have the ability to write as well, and its time to write to the IBT and demand they come out of hiding and answer to our concerns. Its time to write to the IBT and tell HOFFA/HALL that we will vote them out in the next election cycle if they dont get on the same page with us. Nobody has the greater power to threaten than us the members.

Now, I know that Hoffa is talking about retiring before the next election, but in case he doesnt, he has to know that 340K UPS Teamster are unhappy with this performance. Same for K.Hall.

Pick up a pen, or email the IBT and show your voice.

Peace

TOS

Integrity

Binge Poster

I think I can speak for every member of Brown Cafe (probably even you) when I say that anything coming from you is a joke.

We never consider anything you post as serious or sincere ... your are a joke.
There is no single member of Brown Cafe that would be more hypocritical in asking this question (Is everything a joke to you?) than the big joke I.

With that said, please continue with your insincere joke posts as I do find it humourous.
Hoaxster,

?

Sincerely,
I