Life After Brown Not So Happy, but ....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Look on the bright side you get half his pension and whatever else your lawyer can finagle

Nope. This may differ from state to state but in NY she would only get 20%----2% for each year that they were married while he was working at UPS. She said that "she has been working on that for the ten year of check that I have been thru with this man..."

JD1988

Just to clarify, we were married 29 years of his 37-year career. Ten years ago, 2009, UPS forced him out by busting him from manager to supervisor, and he went nuts. Came home and said the marriage is over too, but when he found out I get half, he decided to stay married, but live single, like a 16 year old....drinking, out til 2 am, stalked another man's UPS wife, police came to the house twice because of his grateful outbursts, and, oh, her husband came after him! The level of his malignant narcissism has ruined his health now--he's 65 come July. To those out there who actually love their UPS spouse, you will know that money isn't everything. I am forced to begin again at age 61....but I thank him for pushing me into it--I'm happier than I ever have been, even in all the great times with UPS friends, than I ever have been. Apologies for the word "check" .... it's a typo....meant "the past 10 years have been shear hell" .... but now, it's over. Thank you UPS family -- it was a wonderful ride!

JD1988

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Yes, she said that he was a 29 year UPSer, but she also said that they were only together for 10 of those years.
My apologies....to clarify, married 29 years....he went crazy when UPS forced him out in 2009 -- I meant to say "the last 10 years of those 29 have been a hell-ride"!

upschuck

Just to clarify, we were married 29 years of his 37-year career. Ten years ago, 2009, UPS forced him out by busting him from manager to supervisor, and he went nuts. Came home and said the marriage is over too, but when he found out I get half, he decided to stay married, but live single, like a 16 year old....drinking, out til 2 am, stalked another man's UPS wife, police came to the house twice because of his grateful outbursts, and, oh, her husband came after him! The level of his malignant narcissism has ruined his health now--he's 65 come July. To those out there who actually love their UPS spouse, you will know that money isn't everything. I am forced to begin again at age 61....but I thank him for pushing me into it--I'm happier than I ever have been, even in all the great times with UPS friends, than I ever have been. Apologies for the word "check" .... it's a typo....meant "the past 10 years have been shear hell" .... but now, it's over. Thank you UPS family -- it was a wonderful ride!
What did he do to get demoted?

Sound better off without him. Enjoy life again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BA075F4F-B564-416B-87BF-3F31FBB397E4.gif
What did he do to get demoted?

Sound better off without him. Enjoy life again.

JD1988

I still haven't gotten the "real" reason for demotion (he was offered a supervisor position but refused, so had no interception but to retire -- that was calculated on UPSs part in my opinion). I was never allowed to be a part of his life there, and he never told me all of it was happening (long story)....but I found out many years later he had blown a big account--when in meetings, he would "black out", and couldn't answer questions or contribute, then when co-workers didn't agree with him (he did same at home!) He would lose it and go into a rage. He actually attacked one of the guys I guess. The team all complained about him but boss was afraid to do anything--finally, all 17 of the office staff met with the boss, and a year later, he was out and my hell began at home. I knew he was sick and tired to keep the marriage, but the drinking and mania was hell. Again, that's the best I can explain from third party info -- I would love to know the whole truth. Now I just know he has serious mental issues, the worst being "malignant narcissism". I don't blame UPS for that totally, but they did foster it over the years--he simply believed he is/was more than he really is. Sad but true.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I still haven't gotten the "real" reason for demotion (he was offered a supervisor position but refused, so had no interception but to retire -- that was calculated on UPSs part in my opinion). I was never allowed to be a part of his life there, and he never told me all of it was happening (long story)....but I found out many years later he had blown a big account--when in meetings, he would "black out", and couldn't answer questions or contribute, then when co-workers didn't agree with him (he did same at home!) He would lose it and go into a rage. He actually attacked one of the guys I guess. The team all complained about him but boss was afraid to do anything--finally, all 17 of the office staff met with the boss, and a year later, he was out and my hell began at home. I knew he was sick and tired to keep the marriage, but the drinking and mania was hell. Again, that's the best I can explain from third party info -- I would love to know the whole truth. Now I just know he has serious mental issues, the worst being "malignant narcissism". I don't blame UPS for that totally, but they did foster it over the years--he simply believed he is/was more than he really is. Sad but true.

Sounds like numerous center managers I’ve had the joy of working for