Little document passed around my hub tonight

rocket man

A document was handed to me tonight by my supervisor, it read something like this "As a loader, I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check at least 5 small packages within each bag to ensure all packages are heading to the correct location, I understand that if I fail to do so, I may face disciplinary action." I needed to print my name and then sign it, however I told my Sup that I refused to sign. What is this? And can anything happen to me because I refused to sign. Seems to me UPS is trying to attain a right to fire an employee for misleads now.
Dont sign anything write a letter of

rocket man

Don't sign anything write a letter of concern that they violated your rights by talking to you without a rut or so get a copy of that to the union

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
A document was handed to me tonight by my supervisor, it read something like this "As a loader, I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check at least 5 small packages within each bag to ensure all packages are heading to the correct location, I understand that if I fail to do so, I may face disciplinary action." I needed to print my name and then sign it, however I told my Sup that I refused to sign. What is this? And can anything happen to me because I refused to sign. Seems to me UPS is trying to attain a right to fire an employee for misleads now.

They won't fire you for refusing to sign something. If you are misloading often then that's probably why they asked you to sign that paper. Your sup is just doing his job, probably was told to do so by his boss. It's our responsibility to make sure you guys are putting the right packages in the right trucks, and if there is an issue we have to fix it somehow or eventually it *could* lead to termination. It's very rare loaders get fired for misloads, don't worry about that, just focus on your work and try to improve on the misloads. However, if you feel like your sup is harassing you at any point, go directly to your shop steward. Hope things get better for you

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
If I can't see 5 through the bag,

I dump that :censored2:er on the extendo and scan each peice seperatly.

When I get a bad bag.. I Throw it out of my load and raise hell, the rest of the night I slow down and explain I have to check each bag due to the unreliable small sort.

Come at me bro'

#VoteNo
Or something rather'
#VodkaPower

They won't fire you for refusing to sign something. If you are misloading often then that's probably why they asked you to sign that paper. Your sup is just doing his job, probably was told to do so by his boss. It's our responsibility to make sure you guys are putting the right packages in the right trucks, and if there is an issue we have to fix it somehow or eventually it *could* lead to termination. It's very rare loaders get fired for misloads, don't worry about that, just focus on your work and try to improve on the misloads. However, if you feel like your sup is harassing you at any point, go directly to your shop steward. Hope things get better for you

I load the cargo crates, not the trailers. I've never had a misload in my 3 months of loading trailers/air crates, which is why I wondered what the paper was all about. The sup was asked to get everybody to sign.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
I load the cargo crates, not the trailers. I've never had a misload in my 3 months of loading trailers/air crates, which is why I wondered what the paper was all about. The sup was asked to get everybody to sign.

Ah, if that's the case then it's probably just some stupid paperwork your sups boss's boss ordered so they can show corporate that they are doing their jobs by providing the methods to prevent misloads.

Fuzzy Brown

Signing their documents doesn’t mean you agree with what’s on it.
I usually sign and write “protested” under my signature.

clean hairy

Any document is an accusation.
Signing it validates the accusation as being true.
That is why you do not even touch the paper, let Steward put rts in place of signature, then file a grievance to protest the warning letter.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Only things you sign are your paycheck and your retirement papers.
Nothing else.

Never sign anything from Management.
They are all liars and incompetent fools.

Management is the enemy.