Load quality

J

jibbs

This guy and his brother and sisters are the greatest loaders forever lmfao
2338211-steviewonder.jpg

Yeah, man, that's Stewart, right? Taught me everything I know

moldsporh

UPS thinks that with pal labels any loader can load any pull. Fact is it takes experience to learn what is being loaded on that day and you get a good idea of what will blow out based on day and the style of box and markings....it becomes second nature.

So, if you started a little earlier, not with a packed slide which is idiotic, kept the same loader on 4 trucks instead of 5 and 6, you would have good loads every day most likely, full time drivers would get done earlier, customers would be happier, stock would likely go up, less money spent on overtime, higher morale......etc.

But that makes too much sense.

Let's cut 1 loader per slide at $10/hr and create overtime on 20 plus drivers @ driver pay because of terrible loads and late closeouts.

It's not rocket science.

Wayne05

UPS thinks that with pal labels any loader can load any pull. Fact is it takes experience to learn what is being loaded on that day and you get a good idea of what will blow out based on day and the style of box and markings....it becomes second nature.

So, if you started a little earlier, not with a packed slide which is idiotic, kept the same loader on 4 trucks instead of 5 and 6, you would have good loads every day most likely, full time drivers would get done earlier, customers would be happier, stock would likely go up, less money spent on overtime, higher morale......etc.

Let's cut 1 loader per slide at $10/hr and create overtime on 20 plus drivers @ driver pay because of terrible loads and late closeouts.

It's not rocket science.

They give us four guys to handle ten trailers, then they give us an hour of overtime a day at my hub.... I've often wondered why they won't just give us the staff we need so we actually work a "normal" 4.5 hr shift with no overtime.... Is that just too cheap and easy for UPS?? Lol

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.

It's not rocket science.

shhhhhhhhhh. stop that cazy talk, couldnt go to Europe every year and carribean twice if preload was ran smartly

mattyk624

This thread isn't quite meeting the quota for # of load-stand related responses. I'll do my part and offer up this tidbit:

When you're inevitably told to "Make use of your load stand, it's in the trailer for a reason", set your gatorade, cell phone, and spare scanner battery on it like you would a coffee table. It's probably the safest application of the thing, so don't forget to thank Supe for havin ur back.

Loads are like building blocks ...play this game with your load, tetras...showing my age...of course loading a feeder is not a PC...understanding your route and talk with your loader goes a long way.....no room to build walls in a package car..good luck...

B

BPaul00

What kills me as a PC is when I find a 6000 on the 2000 or vice versa. Yesterday I had an air on the 8000! It's loads like that that make my day long. I can easily look for say a 3270 and find a 3913 on just toss it towards the back of the 3000 shelf - makes no never-mind to me. It's when I roll up to a stop to look for a 3000 and can't find it in 15 seconds and then move on because I couldn't find it only to later find it in the middle of the 4000 shelf later on and have to go back to that stop that really irks me!

LOADERS - make walls! It's simple! Put a row of boxes on the floor and then put boxes with T's on top. Not that hard people! I did the PD for a long time.
PRE-LOADERS! ...ugh...the numbers are there for a reason. 3000 starts the 3000 shelf while 3900+ ENDS the 3000 shelf!! that means that 3000 is the first package - 3086 is the second package and 3096 is the third package! if while pulling your packages for that PC you find a 3040 it now becomes the second package and 3086 is the third so you simply put it in between!

billerz

Whenever I can't find a 2000 or 5000, I always check the the 4000 and 7000. I could see how a loader just has a brain fart and puts it on the wrong side.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think they have dumbed down the system so much that no one has high expectations anymore. Load quality is a thing of the past. Just get it into the truck and with any luck they're the right packages in the right truck. If not, oh well, they driver's getting paid big bucks to fix it.