Load quality

J

jibbs

LOADERS - make walls! It's simple! Put a row of boxes on the floor and then put boxes with T's on top. Not that hard people! I did the PD for a long time.
PRE-LOADERS! ...ugh...the numbers are there for a reason. 3000 starts the 3000 shelf while 3900+ ENDS the 3000 shelf!! that means that 3000 is the first package - 3086 is the second package and 3096 is the third package! if while pulling your packages for that PC you find a 3040 it now becomes the second package and 3086 is the third so you simply put it in between!

I'm getting a strong feeling that you're an off-the-street hire, yeah?

You can always tell when people who've never spent time inside (heyyyyyy, prison reference not intended) try to tell PTers "how to do it right...."

J

jibbs

I'm getting a strong feeling that you're an off-the-street hire, yeah?

You can always tell when people who've never spent time inside (heyyyyyy, prison reference not intended) try to tell PTers "how to do it right...."

So your first post on the forum was, uh... less than accurate, huh? Just for reference:

Hello all! I have been trolling this board for quite a while as I am a PC myself and love seeing some good advice on here and also the break-area banter that goes on in the morning!!! I learned a lot of "tricks of the trade", tried and tested them all - some with great outcomes and some ...well....not so much (obviously beating the DIAD against your dash, bouncing it off the ground or against your head doesn't bode well - yet still feels good!! LOL) . For one of my stops all I can say is PreRec is my friend! ;)

ANYWAYS

OleMissReb here's how I did it...

I was part of a company owned by a family for 35 years - technology took over the world and ruined our business and I found myself sitting on my ass at home collecting unemployment - went from bringing home almost 90k a year to nothing in a heartbeat!!!!! I always wanted to have my own rig and haul steel, so one day after about 4 months of digging I decided the best route would be to get into UPS as a PC driver and eventually get my CDL thru UPS. I started the process in October of last year! I simply went to upsjobs.managehr.com and searched for seasonal driver positions and luckily there were positions to be filled. I filled out the application online - went for my driving test - obtained my DOT card - went for my ride-along - went to the class - and BAM! I drove for peak season from Mid-November thru Christmas Eve in a dreaded rental! Of course I was laid-off Christmas day. That only meant it was up to me to make "them" know I WANT to come back. The next day of business I went in in the morning in uniform and asked to work. I knew I wouldn't but it was all about FACE TIME with the sups and showing I WANT to work!!! I kept calling and showing my face around and letting them know I WANT to come back or sometimes just to say hi! Eventually I went into the hub in February and kept gettingface time whenever I could. I received a call from my old Sup about 2 months ago letting me know I was coming back in 1 week! There you have it! I am now a Monday-Friday guy with seniority!

You being a teacher - Bastiatian may be right...Don't quit your day job and wait until next Summer to begin the process, but start the process as soon as school lets out! You have the Summers off so that may be the best time to start! Otherwise, if you're willing to lay it all on the line and roll the bones to be a PC driver... I'd do it NOW and get a seasonal driver (NOT DRIVER HELPER) position. Just keep in mind, you also may very well end up collecting unemployment until you get the call to come back - which with UPS may or may NOT happen! Good luck to ya and I hope it all works out!!

Sure rings some off the street bells to me....

It really doesn't matter, though. Just don't like contradictions, is all. Don't give much of a :censored2: how you or anyone else got your job. I was just pointing out that it's easy to tell what kinds of advice FTers who've never done PT work are more likely to offer, is all.

Didn't really mean it to come off as a straight insult... more of an observation.