Hey everybody,

Could I get some advice on keeping my PPH up? I load feeders and periodically the sups will send someone (usually me) on the belt to unload package cars. Trying to figure out a way to keep my PPH from dropping when they send me over. I feel like I'm working at the same pace as the other loaders but when I check the sheet the next day I'm always way behind. Even when I compare my pph to people who I know also went and unloaded package cars that night. Thanks to anyone who has any tips!

El Correcto

god is dead
Hey everybody,

Could I get some advice on keeping my PPH up? I load feeders and periodically the sups will send someone (usually me) on the belt to unload package cars. Trying to figure out a way to keep my PPH from dropping when they send me over. I feel like I'm working at the same pace as the other loaders but when I check the sheet the next day I'm always way behind. Even when I compare my pph to people who I know also went and unloaded package cars that night. Thanks to anyone who has any tips!
The best tip about your pph is don’t worry about it. If they need more packages loaded per hour they can hire more people.

It’ll have absolutely no effect on your job, unless you are still in your probation period.

The best tip about your pph is don’t worry about it. If they need more packages loaded per hour they can hire more people.

It’ll have absolutely no effect on your job, unless you are still in your probation period.

I'm not on probation anymore luckily but I'm getting pretty frustrated with myself cause I can't figure out what everyone else is or isn't doing compared to me. Thank you for the quick response!

Worst job at ups. Take your time and work safe. Screw pph

Yeah its definitely rough! Trying not to get too demoralized about my numbers, especially since when they leave me alone in a trailer even with the old crappy rollers i can usually manage around 315-330 with moderate effort. But lately I've been sitting around 260 with having to unload cars. Guess all I can do is my best. Thanks for the reassurance!

Indecisi0n

First step, worry about yourself.

Second step, relax.
This is what I was about to say. Who cares what others are doing. Do the job by the methods and work at a safe pace.

People use to ask me how my route runs over/under and I would always tell them "I don't know" and get a funny look. The true of it was I never checked my times because I didn't care. What usefulness would be know I was 2 hours over/under really do me? I'm not going to change what I'm doing based on those numbers so they become irrelevant to me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bro
Hey everybody,

Guzzle 2 Redbull's before the shift. Then one during. You will be faster than Shecky O'Greene on his wedding night!

QF9O.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm not on probation anymore luckily but I'm getting pretty frustrated with myself cause I can't figure out what everyone else is or isn't doing compared to me. Thank you for the quick response!
Wait until you go deliver packages and are doing more stops, more pieces , more miles than the guy next to you and are 2 hours over while he is punching out at 5 everyday... yeah, it’s called getting boned.... get use to it... because this company lies , cheats , and steals to get what they want and bud, they are mind fu$king you right now...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hey everybody,

Yeah its definitely rough! Trying not to get too demoralized about my numbers, especially since when they leave me alone in a trailer even with the old crappy rollers i can usually manage around 315-330 with moderate effort. But lately I've been sitting around 260 with having to unload cars. Guess all I can do is my best. Thanks for the reassurance!

3 things will happen to you if you keep this up

1) You'll get hurt (that's when you'll realize you're just a number)

2) You'll put a target on your back (You rush to get the job done, eventually you get tired and sore but are still expected to stay at that same level)

3) You'll resent your co-workers (Showing you everyone else's numbers will make you hate others for still working here or being the supervisor's pet)

Do your best, the best that you can do everyday either sick, sore, or scorned.
You seem like a good worker who cares and wants to be here a long time, everybody here on this forum appreciates this.
Bottom line, It's a marathon, not a sprint. Getting injured is your biggest threat right now.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hey everybody,

They moved you don’t worry about it

MrBates

Hey everybody,

Pph is a made up number used to keep people on probation working fast. Once you've made it past probation and have booked, there is no reason to worry about it. Just work safe and efficient. Try to see what type of boxes are coming down the rollers so you'll have a good idea of how your going to build your wall and try to only touch a box once. Don't kill yourself trying to make their numbers because at the end of the day, you are just a number. If you have seniority over someone and you really like working in an area, you can "bump" the lower seniority guy. Talk to your shop steward and he/she should be able to help you out with this.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
On the preload I know it helps to build a list of reasons why It took longer than 15 seconds to load a package.
Don't speed up because of it, just observe afterwords, what was the reason it took longer than 10 seconds to load this?

afaik the rollers are just screwing you. In fact I am %100 certain it is just the rollers.