Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hate to tell you....

Even when the TDU pukes (that get elected into office) find out the perks....

They don't talk about them, and try and cling on to them with a death grip.

It's hypocrisy.... 101.

-Bug-
....or they adopt the same rhetoric as you.

For instance, "I don't get to pick the venue"???

That's my plan.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lol,no doubt. I have seen several people with all kinds of different views on where the Union should be headed,get elected. None of them ever complained about the compensation or introduced cost saving measures. Zero...
I know right?

....because newly elected, first term Union officials have that kind of "juice"???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Principled and unselfish people need not apply. Good people don't work for, and "move up" in unions. :P
I believe @Inthegame , @Bubblehead , and others could take offense to your comment having been elected to their positions.
Rather than be offended, I choose to believe that's why I haven't been elected to anything more than steward...."move up" being the operative phrase.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am trying to be nice here...

So I'll just say that your statement is false. There are many good people that hold union office. Some hold to the same standard that they did when they were an unpaid steward.

I'm sick of many things in the job but your posts seem to be totally uncontrolled in the realm of objective reality.

I believe @Inthegame , @Bubblehead , and others could take offense to your comment having been elected to their positions.
I am from the northeast and sure there are probably many more friendly ways to say it
In corporations, generally, the worst people nearly always rise more than anyone.
If you have a more kind way to state that, so be it. :)

Inthegame

I am trying to be nice here...

So I'll just say that your statement is false. There are many good people that hold union office. Some hold to the same standard that they did when they were an unpaid steward.

Thanks but ungratefulness comes with the job. Members lose a grievance and they think no effort was put in. They read of an issue of poor behavior in another local and they attach it to every local.
Union officials that care (and there are plenty of them), ignore the ingrates and keep their focus on the cause.

Yolo

240220ad0b75f854788c734faf03ff2f.jpg

Local 25 be like.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am from the northeast and sure there are probably many more friendly ways to say it
In corporations, generally, the worst people nearly always rise more than anyone.
If you have a more kind way to state that, so be it. :)
There are ruthless people at the top of every organization at times. Your post said that no one of any value gets to be a Union official. OK, I'll look for a better way to say it.
tenor-4.gif

Inthegame

too bad the mods can't clean up your reading comprehension and logical fallacies, as well ....;p
And if they could, they'd need a team working overtime on you.

For anyone with any comprehension skill, it's easy to see he's disputing your (foolish) blanket claim that no one of any integrity has been voted into union office by their peers.

Unlike corporations where "promotions" elevate some questionable characters, Union executive office holders are voted in by members every three years.

Take a look in the mirror or at your fellow employees before you cowardly throw the rocks.

Boston25

Principled and unselfish people need not apply. Good people don't work for, and "move up" in unions. :P
Wow way to paint us all with a broad brush. This statement couldn't be father from the truth. There are plenty of people who work for this union who bend over backwards for members. I go to the ends of the world for anyone who has a problem in our building. Just because you had an issue or didn't get everything you wanted doesn't mean good people don't move up. I find it pretty sad and a offensive comment for myself and countless others who do their job selflessly day in and day out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wow way to paint us all with a broad brush. This statement couldn't be father from the truth. There are plenty of people who work for this union who bend over backwards for members. I go to the ends of the world for anyone who has a problem in our building. Just because you had an issue or didn't get everything you wanted doesn't mean good people don't move up. I find it pretty sad and a offensive comment for myself and countless others who do their job selflessly day in and day out.
I wasn't talking about job stewards who are on the shop floor, yet even then there's a great degree of selfishness among some. As you well know, there's far more than enough bad apples.

I find it funny those who talk about corporate UPS being "out of touch" with those in the trenches, and yet the very same thing applies to your Union corporate overlords pumping up their ridiculous salaries and driving around new Lincolns, but you'll turn the other cheek in that case, won't ya? ;)

Boston25

That is all your opinion but the people in our Local do a great job at what they do regardless of what you choose to believe. I don't care what they drive I care if they do the job they were elected to do which is more important to me than the type of vehicle they drive.

Inthegame

I find it funny those who talk about corporate UPS being "out of touch" with those in the trenches, and yet the very same thing applies to your Union corporate overlords pumping up their ridiculous salaries and driving around new Lincolns, but you'll turn the other cheek in that case, won't ya? ;)
The "overlord" PO of my local drives a 2001 Ford and had two modest raises since 2009. Those in the trenches voted 80% for his re-election(s).