Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Mart Man, Dec 7, 2018.

?

How do you feel about this situation?

1. Totally Wrong

80.6%
  2. Justifiable

19.4%
  1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

....or they adopt the same rhetoric as you.

For instance, "I don't get to pick the venue"???

That's my plan.

~Bbbl~™

2. Bubblehead

I know right?

....because newly elected, first term Union officials have that kind of "juice"???

3. Bubblehead

Rather than be offended, I choose to believe that's why I haven't been elected to anything more than steward...."move up" being the operative phrase.

4. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I am from the northeast and sure there are probably many more friendly ways to say it
    In corporations, generally, the worst people nearly always rise more than anyone.
    If you have a more kind way to state that, so be it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

That is spot on, and if you are offended, I wouldn't want you as a BA.

6. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Thanks but ungratefulness comes with the job. Members lose a grievance and they think no effort was put in. They read of an issue of poor behavior in another local and they attach it to every local.
    Union officials that care (and there are plenty of them), ignore the ingrates and keep their focus on the cause.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Inthegame

You wouldn't deserve to have Bubble be your BA.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

[​IMG]

Local 25 be like.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. There are ruthless people at the top of every organization at times. Your post said that no one of any value gets to be a Union official. OK, I'll look for a better way to say it.tenor-4.gif

10. 13741c250c6079f2a1926d5b181f48e2.gif

11. Bubblehead

Easy..." Wheezey".

12. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

too bad the mods can't clean up your reading comprehension and logical fallacies, as well ....;p

13. That's "perfection" homie. No charge.

14. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Kinda like stuffing an OMS after hours?

15. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I hope Big Union Guy doesn't....see this. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Inthegame

And if they could, they'd need a team working overtime on you.

For anyone with any comprehension skill, it's easy to see he's disputing your (foolish) blanket claim that no one of any integrity has been voted into union office by their peers.

Unlike corporations where "promotions" elevate some questionable characters, Union executive office holders are voted in by members every three years.

Take a look in the mirror or at your fellow employees before you cowardly throw the rocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

Wow way to paint us all with a broad brush. This statement couldn't be father from the truth. There are plenty of people who work for this union who bend over backwards for members. I go to the ends of the world for anyone who has a problem in our building. Just because you had an issue or didn't get everything you wanted doesn't mean good people don't move up. I find it pretty sad and a offensive comment for myself and countless others who do their job selflessly day in and day out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I wasn't talking about job stewards who are on the shop floor, yet even then there's a great degree of selfishness among some. As you well know, there's far more than enough bad apples.

I find it funny those who talk about corporate UPS being "out of touch" with those in the trenches, and yet the very same thing applies to your Union corporate overlords pumping up their ridiculous salaries and driving around new Lincolns, but you'll turn the other cheek in that case, won't ya? ;)

19. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

That is all your opinion but the people in our Local do a great job at what they do regardless of what you choose to believe. I don't care what they drive I care if they do the job they were elected to do which is more important to me than the type of vehicle they drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Inthegame

The "overlord" PO of my local drives a 2001 Ford and had two modest raises since 2009. Those in the trenches voted 80% for his re-election(s).