Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yeah. I'm the one guilty of sexual harassment.

All I want is for my union brothers and sisters to be paid what they are owed. You guys can continue to fight against them and I will continue to fight for them.
You don’t even know what’s going on Robin Dickhood.

F

Frankie's Friend

I thought I read, Local 25 make a statement saying it was going to be rectified ?
Local 25 isn't the only local that has charged fees and dues to seasonal non-members.

IMO people who apply for seasonal work just need to be told what the charges are prior to working. If there's discrepancies after that then those in control of the problem need to react to squelch the issue immediately and be forthcoming about it.
But what do I know. We're just "over paid crybabies" according to a former BA.:raspberry-tounge:

Boston25

Yeah. I'm the one guilty of sexual harassment.

All I want is for my union brothers and sisters to be paid what they are owed. You guys can continue to fight against them and I will continue to fight for them.

I'm not fighting against them but since you're not even in the union let alone Local 25 Let us handle it and you go do whatever the hell it is you do.

Yolo

I'm not fighting against them but since you're not even in the union let alone Local 25 Let us handle it and you go do whatever the hell it is you do.

It should have never happened. A straight disgrace that hard working teamsters were forced to go-to the NLRB. Shameful!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It should have never happened. A straight disgrace that hard working teamsters were forced to go-to the NLRB. Shameful!
Shameful to bang subordinates. Not that shameful to make a mistake with dues. What you did was calculated. Taking advantage of someone that works for you is shameful. Getting caught was disgraceful.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Local 25 isn't the only local that has charged fees and dues to seasonal non-members.

IMO people who apply for seasonal work just need to be told what the charges are prior to working. If there's discrepancies after that then those in control of the problem need to react to squelch the issue immediately and be forthcoming about it.
But what do I know. We're just "over paid crybabies" according to a former BA.:raspberry-tounge:
In my opinion nobody should be "initiated" into our Union, until they are actually a "member"....meaning they have seniority date in a Teamster shop.

Dues in the interim yes, but to initiate is "hazing" and a cash grab from unwitting victims.

Organized labor doesn't need this "black eye", that's for sure.

Boston25

You're right it never should have happened. Just like UPS should have turned over dues applications to the union like the contract states.

Yolo

If UPS wasn't turning in dues applications that's wrong.

Local 25 taking an entire paycheck from hard working teamsters is also wrong. My union brothers paid local 25 to protect them. Instead local 25 took advantage of them . Shameful and disgusting.

PT Car Washer

If UPS wasn't turning in dues applications that's wrong.

Local 25 taking an entire paycheck from hard working teamsters is also wrong. My union brothers paid local 25 to protect them. Instead local 25 took advantage of them . Shameful and disgusting.
If Local 25 knew UPS was not turning in dues applications and did nothing that would be on them. Not the poor seasonal workers hoping to earn a few Dollars for Christmas.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If Local 25 knew UPS was not turning in dues applications and did nothing that would be on them. Not the poor seasonal workers hoping to earn a few Dollars for Christmas.
How would L25 know who UPS hires until UPS tells them?
One has nothing to do with the other and needs to be kept separate.

Two wrongs don't make it right and you can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here and avert damaging either Teamsters or UPS brand any further.

I don't for the life of me understand why it's taking so long to clean up this PR nightmare?

F

Frankie's Friend

One has nothing to do with the other and needs to be kept separate.

Two wrongs don't make it right and you can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here and avert damaging either Teamsters or UPS brand any further.

I don't for the life of me understand why it's taking so long to clean up this PR nightmare?
Screenshot_20190117-222227_Chrome.jpg

From Newsmax 12-25-18^
Screenshot_20190117-222432_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190117-222532_Chrome.jpg

From the Daily Wire 12-24-18^

The hovering labor charges silenced any answer from Local 25 (it seems) and the policy was reversed according to media outlets.