Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

542thruNthru

The gift that keeps on giving.
I can't hate. I hate politics as I'm sure you remember. I'm doing my best to stay open minded but like you... It's who you know and trust. Should be a interesting year next year. I hope for a better conversation about this election than before.

I know once the Tony's and Laguna's start showing up things will get out of hand but until then I'm hoping for some informed opinions.

Boston25

I can't hate. I hate politics as I'm sure you remember. I'm doing my best to stay open minded but like you... It's who you know and trust. Should be a interesting year next year. I hope for a better conversation about this election than before.

I know once the Tony's and Laguna's start showing up things will get out of hand but until then I'm hoping for some informed opinions.
Tony’s and Laguna’s I like it lol.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Naw, truthfully I win either way. Don't have really anything against OZ just feel other than the stigma of Hoffa, Teamster Power slate is just as good and for people in the west like me they are better.

Though I'm still keeping a open mind and reading both sides.
Why are they "better for the West"???

Not challenging you, rather curious about that perspective.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
November 1st. Peak has arrived. Let's not steal from our brothers and sisters.
Yawn.
beat_dead_horse2.jpg

542thruNthru

Why are they "better for the West"???

Not challenging you, rather curious about that perspective.
As a Western Conference Teamster who's well funded pension is always talked about and under attack so to speak by other teamsters in poorly managed pension areas. I'd rather western region teamsters who have ties to my pension and healthcare than a president who is a trustee of a ( I know I'll catch some S* for this but) poorly managed pension that may use his new position to help boost his area. FZ coming out of a failing pension also scares me and many many other teamsters in the west.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
As a Western Conference Teamster who's well funded pension is always talked about and under attack so to speak by other teamsters in poorly managed pension areas. I'd rather western region teamsters who have ties to my pension and healthcare than a president who is a trustee of a ( I know I'll catch some S* for this but) poorly managed pension that may use his new position to help boost his area. FZ coming out of a failing pension also scares me and many many other teamsters in the west.
You think he's Robin Hood?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
My understanding is that many of the treasurers of this local over the past 25 years have either been imprisoned or killed.
We were talking about FZ and CS but now we're talking about SOB? Did I miss something besides a thorazine dose? I guess we can go back to the thread title now.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@542thruNthru , may the best candidates win! That is the best analogy and hope for a union with members that desperately need unifiers. People often throw away and/or take for granted the clout and substance they didn't have to fight for. Let's hope it doesnt have to take setbacks to wake people up.

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru , may the best candidates win! That is the best analogy and hope for a union with members that desperately need unifiers. People often throw away and/or take for granted the clout and substance they didn't have to fight for. Let's hope it doesnt have to take setbacks to wake people up.
I hope who ever wins brings some positive change. I hold no ill feelings towards any of them really.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You call it beating a dead horse. I call it fighting for the betterment of the Teamsters.
I call your post grandstanding and unintelligent. The seasonal worker is not a Teamster "brother" or "sister". As you colorfully try to embellish your pet slam against L25 you expose your ignorance. Were the extracted dues and fees too high? Maybe so, but the seasonal workers were not Teamsters and your defense that will include PVDs, who are scabbing our work seemingly all year round, is flat out stupidity. Anyone who agrees with your mentality sucks as a Teamster member and looks as childish as you do as you beat your dead and fake horse.
Stick up for your Teamster coworkers who ARE members not the scab PVDs you love so much.