Local 63/Ontario Feeder Dropping 1 year safe driving?

Dttocs

has anyone heard or know of anyone with less then 1-year safe driving in package going to feeder. Heard that Ontario CA need a bunch of feeder drivers and they are considering dropping the one-year safe driving

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
has anyone heard or know of anyone with less then 1-year safe driving in package going to feeder. Heard that Ontario CA need a bunch of feeder drivers and they are considering dropping the one-year safe driving
They have waived that requirement at my building in the past. Only for newbie package car drivers that didn’t have a year of service yet, not anyone who actually had an accident in the past year.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have one Bid List up for Feeder School for part timers and a separate list for full full timers.

Mycow

I heard that they are taking ppl with less then a year of safe driving. I also heard that they are calling ppl that got dqed to come back

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
What bothers me is now we aren't going to be getting people with that base of package driving. Package drivers go through a maturity phase, and I'd rather it happen there than in Feeders where the costs can be much greater. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

BlackCat

What bothers me is now we aren't going to be getting people with that base of package driving. Package drivers go through a maturity phase, and I'd rather it happen there than in Feeders where the costs can be much greater. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

They are pulling guys from my center who are still going through wage progression.

I see we are starting to get our first batch of 22.4's now.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
They are pulling guys from my center who are still going through wage progression.

I see we are starting to get our first batch of 22.4's now.
I guess on the positive side we are going to have drivers who haven't been abused in Package. I guess it's up to all of us to see that they "get it" and become the kind of Teamsters that have kept this company strong and profitable for 112 years. I'm having flashbacks of when they switched from hiring almost exclusively out of colleges and went to DES...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I see that all the time !!

What'dyabringmetoday???

I guess on the positive side we are going to have drivers who haven't been abused in Package. I guess it's up to all of us to see that they "get it" and become the kind of Teamsters that have kept this company strong and profitable for 112 years. I'm having flashbacks of when they switched from hiring almost exclusively out of colleges and went to DES...
It really can go any direction. You can hire drivers off the street that have been out there thirty years that can barely manage to hook up to a trailer let alone a set. On the other hand- you can get a new guy that is able to learn the equipment very quickly. I definitely understand what you are saying though. Pretty scary what we've witnessed the last few years.