Local 728 Contract Meeting

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We will have our contract explained to us in Atlanta this Saturday morning at 9:00 AM. A note on our bid board was up this morning stating that both the UPS and UPSF contracts would be discussed from 9-11 before the General Freight Meeting. Two hours? Sure.......

I am planning on attending, I usually sit up front on the right side second row along with one of our esteemed BC contributors. We like to sit up close and keep our eyes on everything. I hope to see the rest of you from 728 there.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We will have our contract explained to us in Atlanta this Saturday morning at 9:00 AM. A note on our bid board was up this morning stating that both the UPS and UPSF contracts would be discussed from 9-11 before the General Freight Meeting. Two hours? Sure.......

I am planning on attending, I usually sit up front on the right side second row along with one of our esteemed BC contributors. We like to sit up close and keep our eyes on everything. I hope to see the rest of you from 728 there.

So...how long has hoax been attending these meetings?? Maybe you can get him to buy you breakfast...lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not Hoaxter.....that would be really funny. We live in the same town and I have seen him around on several occasions. What are you doing Saturday morning Hoke? How does Cracker Barrel or Martin's sound?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not Hoaxter.....that would be really funny. We live in the same town and I have seen him around on several occasions. What are you doing Saturday morning Hoke? How does Cracker Barrel or Martin's sound?

Either one ... ate at Martins yesterday. Steak and egg biscuit with sausage gravy.
​Got to shoot a wedding later in the day so earlier is good. Beach theme wedding ... get to wear sandals, shorts and a beach shirt ... my kind of wedding.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

You guys ever get the ceo or other top mgt in your building since you are in such close proximity to corporate

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Come on scratch, you know you sit so close to the front so you can be closer to the coffee and donuts after the meeting

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Local 728

We have another meeting at 9:00 in the morning, I hope to see some of you there. I got a call from Randy Brown, the meeting is going to be held on the other side of Lakewood Freeway from the 728 Hall. Directions are in the above link. I don't know why the location was moved, but I assume they are expecting a bigger crowd from last Saturday, and maybe this film studio at least has air conditioning. Our hall gets so hot in the Summer they sometimes don't hold monthly meetings. I guesstimate about 150-200 members out of 7000 members statewide showed up last week, hopefully there will be a much bigger crowd.

​Hot Krispy Kreme donuts and Martin's Breakfast Biscuits filled the back tables last week, I don't know if anything will be there tomorrow.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Glad to see you are going.

I went last week after seeing something on the Steward's Board, I think it was a steward's meeting. We did discuss the contract, our president was on the negotiating committee and was probably responsible for the improved language for air operations. I still haven't seen the Southern Supplement posted anywhere, I hope we get some info on it. I have questions about the Reciprocal Agreement which covers our part time pensions and what exactly will retiree's health insurance will cost.

In my part of the country, this looks like a good deal if you are full time, its just even worser if you are not. I'm still voting no on principle, I know that sounds old fashioned since people only think of themselves for the most part.

UPS Preloader

I went last week after seeing something on the Steward's Board, I think it was a steward's meeting. We did discuss the contract, our president was on the negotiating committee and was probably responsible for the improved language for air operations. I still haven't seen the Southern Supplement posted anywhere, I hope we get some info on it. I have questions about the Reciprocal Agreement which covers our part time pensions and what exactly will retiree's health insurance will cost.

In my part of the country, this looks like a good deal if you are full time, its just even worser if you are not. I'm still voting no on principle, I know that sounds old fashioned since people only think of themselves for the most part.

Scratch, on the Teamster's website there is a Southern Region Supplemental Agreement. Is this the one your looking for? (It doesn't say Local 728.)
http://www.teamster.org/sites/teams...18_Southern_Region_Supplemental_Agreement.pdf

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Local 728

We have another meeting at 9:00 in the morning, I hope to see some of you there. I got a call from Randy Brown, the meeting is going to be held on the other side of Lakewood Freeway from the 728 Hall. Directions are in the above link. I don't know why the location was moved, but I assume they are expecting a bigger crowd from last Saturday, and maybe this film studio at least has air conditioning. Our hall gets so hot in the Summer they sometimes don't hold monthly meetings. I guesstimate about 150-200 members out of 7000 members statewide showed up last week, hopefully there will be a much bigger crowd.

​Hot Krispy Kreme donuts and Martin's Breakfast Biscuits filled the back tables last week, I don't know if anything will be there tomorrow.

Steak and egg if there is one left over. :wink2:

Haven't been to Lakewood in many a year.