Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Firing an individual or individuals is not a hostile work environment. There has to be more to it then that.

Somebody please post the alleged wrong doing of the driver, then we can really start the thread... Come on, its the Internet!
@Dragon - Perhaps you should start using this avatar since you are a rouge manager.

rouge-rogue.jpg

C

chuchu

I believe that the youtube video of the BA talking to the drivers said he was fired for starting work before his start time without authorization...." proven dishonesty"???
You watch it to make sure I heard it right.

not what i voted for

The BA in office now did not negotiate the language L804 members are working under today.
If you are an 804 Member I believe that he took credit for an improved grievance procedure for just these situations so the company can't drag their feet. The person that started this thread said ups just fired a steward the other day.

Inthegame

If you are an 804 Member I believe that he took credit for an improved grievance procedure for just these situations so the company can't drag their feet. The person that started this thread said ups just fired a steward the other day.
The improved grievance procedure will begin when the new agreement is ratified. L804 is still working under the terms of the '08-'13 CBA.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A Driver with 26 years of seniority, got fired this morning, in an continued streak of un-just firings in the local 804 jurisdiction by the company. We walked out in solidarity and caused a strike, to the duration of a few hours, as our BA kept negotiating to get our fellow teamster job back. The Labor Manager refused to negotiate. During that time, The President of the local was in contact with the Regional Labor Manager. When the BA got off the phone with the President, He told us that the matter was going to be reviewed immediately, but urged us to return to work. We refused to go back in until the firing was reversed. LP was outside snapping pictures and writing the names of the hundreds of drivers that were standing in the parking lot, waiting for the firing to be reversed. A few hour later, the Secretary- Treasure showed up and urge us to go back inside, saying that the strike was not sanction. We listened and return back into the building. The company has been on a firing spree. I shop steward was fired yesterday because his answers "weren't clear enough". When is this harassment going to stop. It has gotten out of hand. We Local 804 are tired of it and is will to stand up and fight.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/26/hundreds-of-ups-drivers-strike-in-queens/
Dude that is so awesome I cant even put it into words. Unity that's what im talking about men and ladies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am trying to think what a driver would get fired for that would send my center into a wildcat strike. Can't think of one but this must be an accumulation of heavy handed management decisions to get this to happen.

I will say if my stewards told me to put my diad down and go out to the parking lot, I would go there and so would 100% of my center.
Exactly we gotta stand behind our guys for sure.