Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

stink219

Our pension and medical are safe . Anyone that doesn't think that this is turned political is greatly mistaken.
This Local became a TDU LOCAL when these people were elected. Sylvester nominated Pope to run against Hoffa.
Look at the TDU website all they do is point out the mistakes and what the IBT is doing wrong. Now do you really think that the IBT is rushing to solve this problem.
I still remember all the promises that were made to bring back Local 804 and make UPS show the members dignity and respect 24 hour representation. They used Ron Carey's name they should be ashamed what they did to these members.
I hope that someone will step up and help these drivers they don't deserve to lose their jobs for following a Local 804 Business Agent.
And this is what happens when extremism like TDU takes over.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

LagunaBrown

This isn't over yet.

You just playing politics to promote your agenda. Your Old Guard agenda.

Article 18 sec. 5

"specifically understood and agreed that the Employer shall have the sole and complete right of discipline, including the sole and complete right to discharge any employee participating in any unauthorized strike, slowdown, walk- out or any other cessation of work and such employee shall not be entitled to have any recourse to any other provision of this Agreement."

Is it over?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Article 18 sec. 5

"specifically understood and agreed that the Employer shall have the sole and complete right of discipline, including the sole and complete right to discharge any employee participating in any unauthorized strike, slowdown, walk- out or any other cessation of work and such employee shall not be entitled to have any recourse to any other provision of this Agreement."

Is it over?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)
Funny how they always leave out the part about the company following the contract also.

Brown Spider

Like I staid you are not a Teamster even though you are required to pay dues.
Why is Local 804 not in the street if UPS is walking drivers off the job for (according to you) legal work stoppage?
Where is the enough is enough attitude and why did both Sylvester and Reynolds tell the Maspeth drivers to go back to work if it was so clear what the Arbitrator ruled in the Melville case.You are a joke potential back pay - how did the back pay work for the Stewards 0 $ and they didn't get fired (suspended !)
It is clear that your job is not on the line in Maspeth but we will see what happens when this is done

Look, not what i....you've been playing politics with this issue since the day that it happened. How can you even ask "how did the

Brown Spider

Look, not what i....you've been playing politics with this issue since the day that it happened. How can you even ask "how did the back pay work for the Stewards 0 $ and they didn't get fired (suspended!)". The language in Article 18, Section 4 has been repeatedly posted on this thread! The specific language of the Arbitrator's decision in the Melville case has also been repeatedly posted on this thread! It's not that you don't understand it, not what i, it's simply that your politics won't allow you to understand it. Ya see...UPS is going through the same phase that you are! They read the language, they understand the language, but they just can't allow themselves to walk away from what was a horrible decision. So we'll all watch as the process evolves but, I gotta' tell ya' not what i...I don't think you're going to like the ending. It's okay...UPS isn't going to like it either! You can go back to playing politics now.

Brown Spider

Once all the drivers have finally been terminated because of the reckless action of an incompetent business agent where do we go from there.All the drivers will sue the local,the company will fine the local for the work stoppage and loss of revenue.After the cloud clears where are we as a local or will we still have a local.What happens with our pensions,medical etc.I keep hearing about rallies with politicians and public advocates.Where is Hoffa and the International,does our boat just sink without any life preservers from them, i mean WTF doesn't a percentage of our dues go to them.I keep hearing ohh Hoffa don't like our local, Sandy Pope this and that all the way back to Ron Carey.Like or dislike we are a part of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters where is our backing.

I would hope that Hoffa could put politics aside and provide whatever assistance Local 804 requests in addressing this issue. I don't know what makes you think that UPS can "fine the local for the work stoppage and loss of revenue". If UPS were empowered to issue fines, they'd be fining everyone on a daily basis!

Brown Spider

Brown Spider,

According to Your interpretation --no sweat -everything is great !!
That's not what I am hearing on this thread !!
That's not what you're hearing on this thread and that is not my interpretation! Everything would be a whole lot better if this never happened! That being said, it did happen! And Local 804 has been ready and willing to address this with UPS since the day it happened! It would appear that the next step is arbitration and Local 804 has strong protective language in the Supplement AND a previous arbitration decision that confirms that the Maspeth 250 and their Business Agent acted appropriately in standing up to a violation of the contract by UPS! It's never "no sweat - everything is great!!" when 250 drivers are placed on working terminations, but once UPS makes their decision on termination, it will be the last decision that UPS gets to make in this case! The next decisions will be made by arbitrators who have a bit more respect for the contract and the law!

bigd

Keep trying! Your bs isn't working!...

The entire local804 Eboard should resign!... Before more members lose their jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown Spider

Article 18 sec. 5

Is it over?

Nope Laguna, you don't get to cite language from our Supplement without doing so accurately. If you'll look at Article 18, Section 4 a), you'll see that the failure of the Company to follow the procedure prescribed for the settlement of disputes and differences would make this an authorized job action. In addition, an Arbitrator quoted that very language in a recent decision. The key is "authorized" vs. "unauthorized" and according to the recent arbitration decision that would be UPS who dropped the ball.

LagunaBrown

I get that but still they would need 72 hour notice right?

Brown Spider

I get that but still they would need 72 hour notice right?

No. That is a requirement in place at the expiration of a contract. A vote would also be required at that time.

Brown Spider

Brown spider you suck .
Keep trying! Your bs isn't working!...

The entire local804 Eboard should resign!... Before more members lose their jobs.
bigbird,
Wow, what a persuasive guy you are. I just don't know what to say. Hell...okay...you win...I suck, my bs isn't working and I'll talk to the Executive Board about reigning. Will that be all? Oh, by the way. I chatted with your pal, not what I voted for, a little while ago. Ya' know, I've always thought that he was dumber than you. Jeez, I was wrong about that too!

bigd

bigbird,
Wow, what a persuasive guy you are. I just don't know what to say. Hell...okay...you win...I suck, my bs isn't working and I'll talk to the Executive Board about reigning. Will that be all? Oh, by the way. I chatted with your pal, not what I voted for, a little while ago. Ya' know, I've always thought that he was dumber than you. Jeez, I was wrong about that too!

Through all of this not once have you put the human factor into play. You recite contract language as if a life wasn't attached to it. Now members are fired. No telling how many more to come. But your safe! Your salary and benefits go unaffected bye this! You would not have played such a dangerous game with your own families way life! Cut your BS! These gentlemen have at best! lost there salaries and benefits with no back pay? we will hope that an arbitrator will have precedence over this matter! Remember! The action all started from theft of time and only the affected driver, steward and BA should have been involved! These gentlemen were used!