Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

stink219

None of the Maspeth drivers will lose their jobs over this. The company did not follow the contract. UPS also has to abide by the contract; it just took an action like this to wake them up. Countless violations by UPS were commonplace before this action. Maspeth drivers need to either publicly address the blatant disregard of the contract by UPS and/or address it to the arbitrator or in litigation. Keep all of your paperwork (previous warning letters, suspensions, discharges, grievances,etc. Maspeth drivers should also all obtain copies of their employee files.
Maybe local 804 should help them out. They sound reputable.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

browned out

Anyone who knows a discharged or working discharged Maspeth driver; please advise them to get copies of their employee file. Any warning notices, suspensions, discharges, grievances, etc. would be useful. These documents could be used to prove UPS's history of ignoring the contract.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Are you saying we are not supportive of the drivers you scab? No, your focus is protecting your TDU boneheads that are costing the lives of these drivers. Oh I forgot, your not TDU. News flash, if TDU Liam filed for arbitration instead of forcing a walkout, 250 drivers would still have jobs. But, god forbid a TDU steward gets terminated for stealing time. Noooo, we need to self promote for our TDU agenda......and it failed. What I can't understand Realbrown is why you blindly defend the actions of this TDU BA that jeopardized these teamsters?
Q: What do you get when you follow a TDU agenda?
A: Bankruptcy!!
Good job to your acolytes of destruction. Bang up job.

Yes I am saying that you don't give a crap about the 250 drivers. I've been saying that for days now.

You are not letting the process work. This is not the time to throw anyone to the lions. Wait until the process is over and a final determination has been made. Then, if any of the 250 have lost their jobs, then the people of 804 can call for the E-BOARD to resign. But last I checked, you are not a member of 804. So you should have NO SAY in that local's decision making.

What TDU locals are going bankrupt? Because my local is an Old Guard local and WE ARE GOING BANKRUPT.

Face it Stink, this is just a political power move for you and the Old Guard.

browneye1

stink u sound like the typical ignorant loud mouth union hating :censored2:. or as we like to call the chirpers just chirping ignorant bs into everyones ear. and local 804 is the strongest union around. we take no :censored2: from this company and get thousands upon thousands of grievance money paid and have led the way in getting grievances paid through our very strong and knowledgeable stewards. nobody files more grievances or gets more paid then 804. fight the good fight

Sent using BrownCafe App

LagunaBrown

Like I said earlier in this post....... That BA will be a hero or a goat. Time will decide for us all.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

804 member

More grievances paid? Not in any building but Maspeth with their $130,000 paid grievances. But all other buildings got nothing paid. These guys only fight for 1 building but that's off the subject.

I will all good, for as good as it gets for these fired drivers. And at the end of the day, they are and will always be our union brothers!

Sent using BrownCafe App

JadedBull

I am new here. I saw this forum and thought that Teamsters would get together and work out the problems that the company keeps putting us though as far as the walkout on 2/26/14.

There is a lot of support from what seems to be the "Brown" family (Brown Spider, 804 Brown, real Brown 1,browned out, brown eye1, etc.).

I am from Maspeth, have over 2 decades there. There is way more to it than a 3-4 minute video of our pissed off B.A. I was part of the walkout that day that lasted better than 90 minutes. Liam got pissed off at the company because they broke the contract. Have for a while and it gets obscenely worse every day. That has been shown here. The drivers walked out and STAYED OUT FOR WAY PAST THE 3 minute speech our B.A. Gave!!! That was because we are fed up with their made up contract terms such as non-working 72's. We are tired of made up dishonesty and being walked for non cardinal sins. We are fed up with the contract meaning nothing to UPS!

I read some of these comments on here and I can't believe the upstate stinky no voting people. You people are calling for Liam to resign?!? Why because the company says he is wrong? Because the company is once again breaking the contract!! No arbitrator said the walkout is against the contract! Only UPS did, and they are walking us.

They are the evil poisonous stomach turners that are making this decision out of arrogance. They don't have to destroy families, they CHOOSE to!! As they do it, they are :censored2:ing laughing and joking and making comments like nice working with you. Stop a minute and actually picture it. Why aren't they being called out here!!

I am waiting to see my fate in this, but I know deep in my heart, as well as Every single driver i talked to but one, that walking was the right thing (and he changed his mind now and stands with us). Liam is OUR B.A. And we want him to stay!!

Who are you guys anyway from outside our local calling for Liam and our board to resign!! Do you even :censored2:ing know Liam?? He has gotten more grievances paid in this local than any other B.A.

http://teamsterslocal804.org/sites/teamsterslocal804.org/files/804-news-winter-2014.pdf

Check out the 2nd page. On the day of our action with the politicians, even though UPS won't allow Liam in the building, he was still handing out more grievance checks. Not just in the hundreds of dollars, but in the thousands!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=807813909233119&set=gm.613486872074047&type=1

Yes people that one is over 5 thousand!!

UPS is just breaking the contract everyday here 50 times a day or more, just in Maspeth alone. The respect level of our contract by management is non existent. Liam keeps winning arbitrations though. I heard he won a national case for stewards and he has won several jobs back. I know one guy is getting about 2 years backpay. So we at Maspeth feel better when Liam is around. He fights for us. That is why the company does not want him around, because he fights for us and wins!!

You out of local (and some in local management posers - hi george) "know it alls" just believe UPS is right and say get rid of our board!?! Well thank God and Heaven above that none of you represent us here because you would be done and I feel sorry for your locals.

What the hell is this TDU vs Old guard cr**ola!! We are talking about what the company has decided to do to us!! Do any of you remember hearing "an injury to one is an injury to all"!! Go start another thread and duke that bullcr*p out there. Who cares tdboo hoo or old fart guardians. We are brothers and sisters in arms in a working class war. As long as the company gets us to fight ourselves, they will win the divide and conquer game!!

stink219

stink u sound like the typical ignorant loud mouth union hating :censored2:. or as we like to call the chirpers just chirping ignorant bs into everyones ear. and local 804 is the strongest union around. we take no :censored2: from this company and get thousands upon thousands of grievance money paid and have led the way in getting grievances paid through our very strong and knowledgeable stewards. nobody files more grievances or gets more paid then 804. fight the good fight

Sent using BrownCafe App
804 is the strongest? It seems to me that you guys are taking the most $&@? out of any local. Your mistaking my distain for TDU. TDU is NOT a union. Get your facts straight.
Your saying that 804 gets the most paid grievances yet they couldn't take one more to arbitration?

stink219

Yes I am saying that you don't give a crap about the 250 drivers. I've been saying that for days now.

You are not letting the process work. This is not the time to throw anyone to the lions. Wait until the process is over and a final determination has been made. Then, if any of the 250 have lost their jobs, then the people of 804 can call for the E-BOARD to resign. But last I checked, you are not a member of 804. So you should have NO SAY in that local's decision making.

What TDU locals are going bankrupt? Because my local is an Old Guard local and WE ARE GOING BANKRUPT.

Face it Stink, this is just a political power move for you and the Old Guard.
This should have nothing to do with the drivers. The BA lost his composure.
I have no say yet you do? What do you care what TDU locals are going bankrupt? Your not TDU. But I'll play. Anyone remember local 504 in Boston? Probably not. The TDU secretary treasurer that destroyed that local is now the "contract coordinator" of my local. A raise for concern? What about 805. Loaded? These locals are controlled by an agenda to make donations to the TRF and AUD. Political organizing fronts and some of you buy it hook line and sinker.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone who knows a discharged or working discharged Maspeth driver; please advise them to get copies of their employee file. Any warning notices, suspensions, discharges, grievances, etc. would be useful. These documents could be used to prove UPS's history of ignoring the contract.

....or could work against them by painting a less than favorable picture of their work history....

Ron Carey lives on

I would love to have the IBT Package division negotiating committee on my side, but they are obviously not. To push a concessions like they have when a company is making record profits. Really? Why is there nothing on the IBT website about our brorhers and sisters at 804? Why is there nothing about our brothers and sisters at 710, 89, and western penn' s legitimate problems with their contracts. I appreciate world politics that dominate the site, but shouldn't we service our members before hoffa runs for congress?

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

This should have nothing to do with the drivers. The BA lost his composure.
I have no say yet you do? What do you care what TDU locals are going bankrupt? Your not TDU. But I'll play. Anyone remember local 504 in Boston? Probably not. The TDU secretary treasurer that destroyed that local is now the "contract coordinator" of my local. A raise for concern? What about 805. Loaded? These locals are controlled by an agenda to make donations to the TRF and AUD. Political organizing fronts and some of you buy it hook line and sinker.

Since when is it good battle strategy to get rid of the leadership in the middle of a fight?

You are a sorry POS Stink. You take the company's side more than the teamsters side. (Vote Yes, Liam should resign, illegal wildcat strike)

With stewards like you, we don't have anyone to cover our back side.

Oh, that's right, you resigned as steward, didn't you?

stink219

Since when is it good battle strategy to get rid of the leadership in the middle of a fight?

You are a sorry POS Stink. You take the company's side more than the teamsters side. (Vote Yes, Liam should resign, illegal wildcat strike)

With stewards like you, we don't have anyone to cover our back side.

Oh, that's right, you resigned as steward, didn't you?
The majority voted yes incase you didn't know. Liam should resign because he violated the IBT constitution. Was it not an illegal wildcat? Thought they need 72 hours?

realbrown1

The majority voted yes incase you didn't know. Liam should resign because he violated the IBT constitution. Was it not an illegal wildcat? Thought they need 72 hours?

Are you UPS management? Because you don't sound like a teamster anymore.

stink219

Are you UPS management? Because you don't sound like a teamster anymore.
I wasn't the dude that jeopardized 250 hard working drivers. That's your commie boys. I don't even think you know what's going on here do you? You seem to think that anyone that speaks out against the action of the BA is against the union? Please. The part that pisses me off is that our drivers were used as lambs. UPS made a d bag move for the firings. The BA made a d bag move to send drivers to the slaughter. Who pays? The drivers. Why was this the last straw? They have gotten how many guys terminated? When will local 804 get it together? And if your boys at TDU have a say, we won't have a union.

teamster 804

http://nydn.us/1lmQ6m9 In the Ny daily news today,sadly most people commenting on article not too sympathetic.The truth of the matter is the average citizen only sees what we are paid, not what we have to deal with to get that pay.They do not see how are contract is violated day in and day out or the constant harassment.One part of article states how the company benefits from not paying all its parking tickets or tickets are discounted.To me that is going down wrong road what does one have to do with the other,that is just putting fuel on the Ups fire.

oldngray

nowhere special
The average person on the street has no clue about how hard people at UPS work for that money. Those people probably make almost at much at a much lower stress job and assume its like that everywhere else.

WOW THIS IS SAD!!! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS,NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TREAT YOU ANY WAY THEY WANT. THE UNION WAS WARNED BEFORED ABOUT DOING THIS. When you have a union full of snakes always doing underhanded things and feel they are untouchable,this is the outcome. This is messed up for the drivers and their families. RON CAREY HOWARD REDMEN WOULDVE LET THIS HAPPEN, THE KNEW THE LAWS THESE CLOWNS DONT.

teamster 804

If the local is looking to get the public and politicians on there side they need to put it out there how bad this company treats its employees not how they save money on parking tickets.Let the public know about all the contract violations day in and day out let the public know about the constant harassment let the public know how many employees actually get injured weekly because they are pushed too hard,and how the company hides those injuries,let the public know about the ungodly hours drivers are forced to work and how it affects there families.You want the public on our side let them know how evil this company really is, they do not see what we see, all they see is a job that pays well.

Last edited: