Local 804 Supplement Update

local804

To: Members Covered by the Local No. 804 Supplement

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

As you know, the National Master UPS Agreement
has been approved by more than 65% of the members voting in the recent ratification vote.

However, the Local No. 804 Supplement was voted down.

The Local No. 804 Negotiating Committee has listened to the concerns expressed about the initial proposal and has met with the Company’s Committee to address your issues.

I am pleased to report that we have reached a new agreement on a Supplement that resolves your concerns. The new proposed Supplement is enclosed, along with a new ballot, secret ballot envelope and return envelope. In order to have your ballot counted, it must be received in the post office in the envelope provided on or before 10 a.m. on December 18, 2007.

Among the improvements over the old Supplement are:

· The “25 and out” pension benefit was restored and will continue to be available to all current and future full-time employees. This includes part-time employees who go to full-time employment.
· The 10-cent wage deferral proposal has been withdrawn. All employees will receive the full contractual wage increases.
· All employees who attain company seniority, prior to August 1, 2008 and subsequently becomes a driver, will retain the provision granting fifteen (15) minutes of additional pay after the completion of 8.5 hours of work in lieu of a coffee break. The coffee break has a spring back provision. Once the pension plan is 80 percent funded, the coffee break will be reinstated.
· Record contributions from the national level and unprecedented monies negotiated locally will enable pension fund trustees to restore your full pension benefit to the amount it was prior to January 1, 2007.
· Doubles rate increased 35 cents to 85 cents per hour.
· Expanded opportunities in option holiday language.

These are merely some of the highlights. Please review all of the improvements and participate in the vote.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
· Doubles rate increased 35 cents to 85 cents per hour.

someone explain this one to me please.

I think that this means it is fifty cents an hour extra now, but will be increased to eighty-five cents if your are a Feeder Driver pulling two trailers.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Local 804 got a second offer to vote on already? And its better much better than the original offer? How did this happen?

local804

Local 804 got a second offer to vote on already? And its better much better than the original offer? How did this happen?

Ballots have to be in by the 15th of this month. There were many changes for the better and alot of guys are happy with what has taken place. I officially have not received the new suppliment but should be in the mail any day now.

cino321

Ballots have to be in by the 15th of this month. There were many changes for the better and alot of guys are happy with what has taken place. I officially have not received the new suppliment but should be in the mail any day now.

But yet it still sucks for the part timers.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

The reason this is done so fast (and the national, and supplements in the past few months) is because this MUST be done by January 1st so the pension fund in the central states which is in dire straights can be restored and the books aren't opened. A nice little investigation would ensue....

We all could have benefitted much like Local 804 has, and will, but unfortunately that did not work out. Congrats 804.

cino321

Absolutely correct Cino!! Part-timers need to unite and vote no until something is done for them also!! Strength in numbers!! New part-timers will wait longer for sick days, benefits, etc....

And you can forget about any part timers going full time inside the building, god forbid any 22.3's being posted. Only part timers going full time will be be those who want to drive.

Fredless

APWA Hater
As a part-timer, I stopped feeling sorry for my own kind a long time ago. We hang ourselves...I've tried to get people involved, the "we could run this union" speech...and they still do not care. All most of the people want to do at my hub is complain.

I've accepted I'm never going to get a 22.3 job unless I drive first, and that is NOT happening. Good motivation to finish school. So my scam is to continue working my day job for the money and UPS at night for the benefits and every saturday for play money.

I hear whines about "I'm getting out of the union they screwed us etc..." no "they" did not, you screwed yourself and/or your co-workers did. Yes it sucks someone with health reasons that can never drive will 99% never get a full time job with the even more crap-tacular Southern supplement, it's not fair but you know what? The full timers show up en masse to voice their opinions and actually vote.

But congrats to 804 to getting what you guys wanted...I guess?

VTBrown

As a part-timer, I stopped feeling sorry for my own kind a long time ago. We hang ourselves...I've tried to get people involved, the "we could run this union" speech...and they still do not care. All most of the people want to do at my hub is complain.

I've accepted I'm never going to get a 22.3 job unless I drive first, and that is NOT happening. Good motivation to finish school. So my scam is to continue working my day job for the money and UPS at night for the benefits and every saturday for play money.

I hear whines about "I'm getting out of the union they screwed us etc..." no "they" did not, you screwed yourself and/or your co-workers did. Yes it sucks someone with health reasons that can never drive will 99% never get a full time job with the even more crap-tacular Southern supplement, it's not fair but you know what? The full timers show up en masse to voice their opinions and actually vote.

But congrats to 804 to getting what you guys wanted...I guess?

Why does it suck for someone who has health reasons forcing them not to drive - to not be able to get full-time at UPS?

Obviously being a transportation company, the majority of our full-time jobs are driving. Find another industry to work in, no?

Fredless

APWA Hater
Then get rid of all inside/inside combo jobs.

Sometimes you are healthy when you come to work for this company, and then situations arise, so that means person A should just quit and find another job and be passed up for inside/inside jobs by junior employees (based on company seniority)?

Out-voting people with your mentality is what I'm talking about. People like you run the southern region. So we have to deal with it. It's a crappy attitude and very ignorant, but we have to either vote it out or deal with it.

upsgrunt

Why does it suck for someone who has health reasons forcing them not to drive - to not be able to get full-time at UPS?

Obviously being a transportation company, the majority of our full-time jobs are driving. Find another industry to work in, no?

When your knees go out, and you can't get into feeders or management, you won't feel bad about being kicked to the curb?

local804

Just that easy?

Fredless

APWA Hater
It's truly amazing that someone on the internet can get all your panties up in a bunch.

Your life that empty?

lol well I'm stating facts, a while ago you went on a rant about how much of a bad ass you were about playing semi-pro football.

and my life empty? I'm not the one with 29x posts in the matter of 4 months or less.