Long hair package handler at UPS (Male) ?

Originally done by the 5 Man Electrical Band in 1971

I knew Tesla wasn't the original band that did that song, just couldn't think who it was. Thanks :D

As far as the interview (or tour as it seems..) I plan on just wearing a black dress shirt (not too fancy, more of a casual) and some normal black jeans. Also, should I wear boots or are sneakers acceptable? Sorry for all the questions...but they don't tell you anything about attire for the appointment. :\

InsideUPS

Since you will not meet the public, dress codes and personal appearance standards will not apply.

Leave your hair down and you will have a higher chance of getting assigned to easier areas such as the small sort. :funny:

OMG...... Once again I bestow upon you the following award...................................................Congratulations!!!!!!

Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg
The Hoaxster.....at it again!!!​
Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg

No Syncro

There shouldn't be a problem about the length of your hair as long as you keep it tied back and away from any machinery. If you get the job keep it up and out of the way, for your own sake. Good luck. And don't stop playing.

There shouldn't be a problem about the length of your hair as long as you keep it tied back and away from any machinery. If you get the job keep it up and out of the way, for your own sake. Good luck. And don't stop playing.

Thanks man :) I'm going in at 10 am Est, hoping for the best!

Well, I went in on 4/26 and its now 5/1. Still haven't had a call and the website still reads that I'm scheduled for an interview. The interviewer said they'd start hiring mid-may but never mentioned when we could expect a phone call for a tour. The appointment was a group "questioning" (Read through a piece of paper explaining the job) then he broke us up into a 1 on 1 interview. Never got a tour of the place though. Anyone been through something like this and have any advice? Should I try finding a number to call? It's a very small hub. He said they were only hiring 2 people for the sunrise shift and 2 people for the evening shift.

cb1969

Be prepared for both. Your long hair only matters if you wear Brown. Inside part-time all they care about is the shoes you wear and the work you do. I would wear it back anyway and probably wear it up or some how protect it someway it is a dirty job.

32F driver

There's a package driver in my center with hair down to the middle of his back. Sups have all seen it, including center manager. He keeps it tucked up under a ups cowboy hat & not a word is said.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's a package driver in my center with hair down to the middle of his back. Sups have all seen it, including center manager. He keeps it tucked up under a ups cowboy hat & not a word is said.

You can have long hair as long as you tuck it under hat. Only mustache allowed on face though.

32F driver

There are two package drivers with near full handlebar mustaches & I shave on Monday morning, then grow a fumanchu all week. Needless to say, I avoid management at all costs come Thursday & Friday. Been doing this since November & will continue to do so as mama likes it.

HubBub

Tell them about the Samson effect. The longer the hair, the harder you work. They might buy it. I've seen them hire 400 pounders and 70 year old women. Just convince them you'll work like a mule and you'll be fine.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry but it is.
I knew biker types who had very long hair they had in ponytail or braid and tucked under hat. They had to wear a hat all the time but the hair was allowed.
Agreed...there's a male driver in my center who had long hair for years...tucked under a hat. He eventually cut it all off..