Look for more Q&As in the near future. Still looking.

browned out

We are still awaiting the next set of answers to the frequently asked questions.

Will package car drivers have uniform start times?
Will package car drivers have rights to OT before 22.4s?
Can a RPCD bump a 22.4 off the road and into the building in order to get 40 hours?
Why does the 22.4 have a guarantee to 40 hours while package car drivers are only guaranteed 40 hours IF work is available?
We only work M-friend at my center. Will every seniority package car driver job be a protected job?
OT and Family Time are huge concerns to all members; either RPCDs or 22.4s. Why isn't OT offered on a voluntary basis before forcing anyone? The 22.4s family time is just as important as the RPCD. Offer the OT to the RCPD's 1st, then offer it to the 22.4s and force in reverse. That makes sense.

keeb86

We are still awaiting the next set of answers to the frequently asked questions.

Will package car drivers have uniform start times?
Will package car drivers have rights to OT before 22.4s?
Can a RPCD bump a 22.4 off the road and into the building in order to get 40 hours?
Why does the 22.4 have a guarantee to 40 hours while package car drivers are only guaranteed 40 hours IF work is available?
We only work M-friend at my center. Will every seniority package car driver job be a protected job?
OT and Family Time are huge concerns to all members; either RPCDs or 22.4s. Why isn't OT offered on a voluntary basis before forcing anyone? The 22.4s family time is just as important as the RPCD. Offer the OT to the RCPD's 1st, then offer it to the 22.4s and force in reverse. That makes sense.

Not guaranteeing those veteran drivers their overtime over lower paid drivers is a huge kick in the balls and is One if the MANY reasons to vote NO on this contract.

Space8323

Not guaranteeing those veteran drivers their overtime over lower paid drivers is a huge kick in the balls and is One if the MANY reasons to vote NO on this contract.

The problem is so many people complained about OT, but didn’t expect them to basically get rid of OT for full time drivers. 22.4s are going to hurt a lot people who depend on that OT.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I could careless about OT give me 8hrs everyday and I’ll be happy. The thing is you will get 30min of Ot everyday basically driving back to the building or what not so that 2.5hrs of OT right there. So that’s plenty for me.

browned out

Living within you means will set you free

You’re only guaranteed 8 hours

Many drivers have been working 50 hours a week or more for over 20 years. They are living within their means. There was never any reason to believe that the overtime would disappear.

No one is saying that UPS has to offer overtime to anyone.

But if over time does exist it should go to the full-time regular package car drivers who volunteer for it first.

browned out

Yes, as clearly stated in the TA. One less you have to wait for. You're welcome.

It is not clearly stated in the TA. It states working. Not drivers who could be scheduled to work M-friend, or available to work to work M-friend. We have 60 drivers in our center. Only 30 actually are working M-friend due to the route cutting on Mondays. So in a legal, contractual text; it is not clearly stated. I hope you are right. This question will be asked at our local contract update meeting this weekend. Will all 60 Full Time Package car driver positions be protected....not the individual's jobs; the actual positions? Will all 60 Full Time Package Car Drive positions have to be replaced by RPCDs when the positions become open? The meeting will be recorded. Hopefully we can get the language clarified and changed in the Master.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative,

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If this current language goes through is it a possibility that on Mondays they can put every RPCD on call and not work the lower seniority ones.

If these new hybrid drivers are on their own seniority list and listed as a new classification, will overall seniority apply in case of lay off.

Most of the lower seniority RPCDs will be leaving progression soon long before this coming contract expires. It would be a great money saver to reduce their 40 hour workweek that reduce these newer 22.4 drivers who will be on the most part hired off the street or filled by lower seniority part timers. Add that they will be under progression and even if they reach top pay in their classification they will always be making 6 dollars less that the RPCD doing the same work.

Apparently these new 22.4's are going to be bid similar to the 22.3's, different time shifts and descriptive inside work. That is great for the company as far as controlling costs by reducing everybody's overtime, part time and full time. They could technically bid them much like the feeder department annually depending on the needs of the company.

The physical/mental demands of these new full time jobs will be designed for the younger workforce, the older part time member who never went into the 22.3s will not be interested. Any RPCD will not want any part of that flexible combo work and that possible 1 1/2 gap between shifts.

One of the reasons for the 1 and 1/2 year delay in creating these positions could be that the lower seniority RPCDs for the most part haven't left progression and reached full pay. Once that time frame has passed it would be feasible for the company to start using the "as long as work is available" loophole to their best advantage.

born2Bwild

Question..
Any 22.4 who while in progression took an opening of RPCD position that was vacated , will he progress to RPCD rate or 22.4 rate.
If yes good, if not it’s a problem for the 22.4

browned out

Here is the answer that I received.....Thanks for messaging us, Marty . Unfortunately we cannot respond to all messages due to ongoing negotiations. We will try to respond when we can. Meanwhile, take a look at frequently asked questions about negotiations here

What? But they have time to send everyone that piece of garbage update today? It was common sense safety issues some of which are required by law.

Don't be afraid to answer the real questions Taylor and Hoffa. We are big boys and girls here; we can handle the truth. We are not all stupid here. So; it is time for you to be forthright.

born2Bwild

Maybe this is something they don’t want us to know and it is that 22.4 will not reach RPCD top pay once the move to RPCD and in mean time we will be replaced by lower paid work force.