Lose an Account Today...for Fred

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know you can all do it!! Lose an account for Fred, because he cares so much about us!! It's easy to do, and he has even helped accelerate the process by hiring Call Center agents who can't tell one opco from another, and lowering the bar for new hires that cannot even read a map or do more than a few stops per hour.

Don't do anything you don't have to do. If an IAWB is wrong, don't correct it...just leave. Tell the customer to call the 800 number. Same for DG. If the customer doesn't have it ready and right when you arrive, it isn't your problem, it's Fred's.

My friends in Dispatch tell me about all the missed pickups, new couriers who cannot even find addresses or keep track of close times, and pickups that should have been directed to another FedEx opco, being sent to Express couriers.

See, Fred is making it so easy for you to do!! And when they threaten to leave, please recommend the professionals in the package delivery business....UPS.

Let's all just do it...for Fred.

cookiejar

I know you can all do it!! Lose an account for Fred, because he cares so much about us!! It's easy to do, and he has even helped accelerate the process by hiring Call Center agents who can't tell one opco from another, and lowering the bar for new hires that cannot even read a map or do more than a few stops per hour.

Don't do anything you don't have to do. If an IAWB is wrong, don't correct it...just leave. Tell the customer to call the 800 number. Same for DG. If the customer doesn't have it ready and right when you arrive, it isn't your problem, it's Fred's.

My friends in Dispatch tell me about all the missed pickups, new couriers who cannot even find addresses or keep track of close times, and pickups that should have been directed to another FedEx opco, being sent to Express couriers.

See, Fred is making it so easy for you to do!! And when they threaten to leave, please recommend the professionals in the package delivery business....UPS.

Let's all just do it...for Fred.

The influx of Customer Service Reps that can't tell one opco from another is the new norm. Call Center Agents are being offered to either work from home as the call centers are being closed down or they have an option of accepting some sort of buyout package, not sure of the buyout or severance details. The Call Center Agent positions are then covered by Offsite Vendors. Eventually, all customer service will handled through these Offsite Vendors.
The new couriers that cannot or will not perform the job adequately will not be held accountable any time soon as there is no performance review to rate them. The managers are more concerned with having as many employees reporting to them as possible so that they don't become displacement targets themselves. Displaced managers will not have the option of finding an open position in career ops in March as they will close it down for salaried positions during the buyout decision period. If your position has been eliminated your options are severely limited during this time. There is no guarantee you will find another position which makes the voluntary buyout your only option. Station Engineers are dropped a few pay grades after one year if they don't have engineering degrees, so they are former managers without management positions to go back to if they wanted to.
The company has yet to announce whether or not there will be any raises for anyone this year, thus bringing any remaining incentive to a halt. Seems like this bitter pill is making the rounds throughout all of Express in the next few months.

hypo hanna

The influx of Customer Service Reps that can't tell one opco from another is the new norm. Call Center Agents are being offered to either work from home as the call centers are being closed down or they have an option of accepting some sort of buyout package, not sure of the buyout or severance details. The Call Center Agent positions are then covered by Offsite Vendors. Eventually, all customer service will handled through these Offsite Vendors.
The new couriers that cannot or will not perform the job adequately will not be held accountable any time soon as there is no performance review to rate them. The managers are more concerned with having as many employees reporting to them as possible so that they don't become displacement targets themselves. Displaced managers will not have the option of finding an open position in career ops in March as they will close it down for salaried positions during the buyout decision period. If your position has been eliminated your options are severely limited during this time. There is no guarantee you will find another position which makes the voluntary buyout your only option. Station Engineers are dropped a few pay grades after one year if they don't have engineering degrees, so they are former managers without management positions to go back to if they wanted to.
The company has yet to announce whether or not there will be any raises for anyone this year, thus bringing any remaining incentive to a halt. Seems like this bitter pill is making the rounds throughout all of Express in the next few months.
Yup. If you think it's bad now wait till we have all of these displaced or about to be displaced employees floating around.
If I were a UPS driver, I can't think of a better time to negotiate the new contract.

Grounded

It's amusing you think UPS would do a better job. It's disapointing that you don't care about the customer. No matter who makes a buck. You or fred, drivers are making a difference by delivering quality to the customers. If you've got gripes about fred or your manager, ect. That doesn't have anything to do with a customer depending on a package. Seems like you forgot that. Chicken or the egg arguments aside, do you really not care about service you do?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It's amusing you think UPS would do a better job. It's disapointing that you don't care about the customer. No matter who makes a buck. You or fred, drivers are making a difference by delivering quality to the customers. If you've got gripes about fred or your manager, ect. That doesn't have anything to do with a customer depending on a package. Seems like you forgot that. Chicken or the egg arguments aside, do you really not care about service you do?
When UPS goes on strike, do their customers not suffer then? But I don't ever hear anyone saying "look at those UPS guys, how could they even think of doing such a thing? Don't they give a crap about how this is affecting their customers?"
I agree it's a crying shame that the customer has to suffer, but Fredward has ensured that this is all that we have available to us, unfortunately. Why should we continue "delivering quality" when we're no longer receiving quality compensation? Besides, they wouldn't need to suffer long - they can just go to UPS

Grounded

When UPS goes on strike, do their customers not suffer then? But I don't ever hear anyone saying "look at those UPS guys, how could they even think of doing such a thing? Don't they give a crap about how this is affecting their customers?"
I agree it's a crying shame that the customer has to suffer, but Fredward has ensured that this is all that we have available to us, unfortunately. Why should we continue "delivering quality" when we're no longer receiving quality compensation? Besides, they wouldn't need to suffer long - they can just go to UPS

I'll tell you all day that third part negotiations are going to help the customer one bit. Why should the customer suffer at all? do your job well, if you decide you don't like it or you aren't being treated fair, find one you like and give your 2 weeks notice. It's really that simple in my mind.

MAKAVELI

I'll tell you all day that third part negotiations are going to help the customer one bit. Why should the customer suffer at all? do your job well, if you decide you don't like it or you aren't being treated fair, find one you like and give your 2 weeks notice. It's really that simple in my mind.

Another anti union Fred S wanna be

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
....if you decide you don't like it or you aren't being treated fair, find one you like and give your 2 weeks notice. It's really that simple in my mind.
it may be that simple in your mind but the reality in my world is that it ain't that simple when I'm well past my prime in a tough job market where I have to compete with so many younger candidates. Ya see, I've already expended the best part of my life for this dirtbag outfit already. If Fred and Co. would have revealed their dark side 20 years ago, I'd be inclined to agree with you and do EXACTLY that. But for a lot of us out here, we pretty much have to play with the hand we've been dealt. Sad but true

vantexan

Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain
For purple mountains majesty
Above the fruited plain
America, America
God shed his grace on thee
And crowned thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea...

For profits sake we have to take
Orders from an SOB
Who tells us lies
Makes us wonder why
If we're ever really free?
America! My sweet America!
They're charging us a fee
To take it in the pants
Listening to Matt's rants
Yes it's the place to be!

MAKAVELI

If I stop making pickups I wouldn't have to show up for work now would I?
Well you don't really want to be there anyway, do you? Who knows. Maybe if enough did it...pr...are you afaraid that you are easily replaced?

Everyone is replaceable including you. All we want is an honest day's pay for an honest day's work and to be treated like human beings. I don't think that is too much to ask from a multi billionaire. Fred and people like you have a hatred for the average hard working person especially when they stand up for themselves and voice their opinion. And you call yourself a democrat. BS

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain
For purple mountains majesty
Above the fruited plain
America, America
God shed his grace on thee
And crowned thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea...

For profits sake we have to take
Orders from an SOB
Who tells us lies
Makes us wonder why
If we're ever really free?
America! My sweet America!
They're charging us a fee
To take it in the pants
Listening to Matt's rants
Yes it's the place to be!

Van,
You're gifted.
BZ buddy.

sweetp

This is true, right now half the call center locations are now vendor locations. In my opinion that is why they offering buyouts to the call center employees with at least 5yr min service...to be replaced with cheaper and clueless reps.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I used to care. Now, I don't. Neither do a lot of other employees. When employees get treated like crap, they give crap service. Is this too difficult for you to understand?