Losing Walmart Account

upsyo

Wow, well at FedEx Express we are short staffed, we just got an announcement that we just got the Amazon.com account from UPS... I know all the Ground contractors are very busy. Should be interesting to get both Walmart and Amazon.com I know when I was at UPS 2 yrs ago Walmart filled a 500 daily(~100 pieces+) I hope Ground is ready for this.
Starting Monday FedEx Express is getting ready for a very crucial delivery, not sure if it has been announced(so I won't say), but they are all up in arms about it, making sure everything is perfect.

Well, what was the special delivery?????????

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Trust me, if it was worth fighting over. UPS would have kept it.
I believe UPS lost money with Walmart, or just broke even.

It's not a big loss.
Now Fedex ground will pay the price ! :)
Is it just me or are some of these posts repeating themselves?

My brother lives in Santa Clara so we`re always going to S.friend. I like the city and would consider living there if it wasn`t going to fall into the ocean.
That Maurice, He's always good for a laugh. That's a quote from Disney's Beauty and The Beast. You crack me up kid.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Wow, well at FedEx Express we are short staffed, we just got an announcement that we just got the Amazon.com account from UPS...

Really? We started getting amazon.com stuff about a month ago. Up here amazon.com pkgs flow in by the 1000's every day. Most drivers probably deliver 30 stops a day from amazon.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Well we lost at least some of Macy's. That's too bad, Macy's customers should enjoy the minimum-wage-toothless-excons deliverying their wedding gifts, and then proceeding to steal their yard tools.

rod

Retired 22 years
Big companies yo yo back and forth with who they ship with all the time. It all depends on what particular delivery company wants to cut their prices enough to get the contract. Avon has jumped ship many times only to climb on board with UPS time and time again after getting less than good service from the likes of fedx or others. Its a visious cycle:wink2:

rocket man

Big companies yo yo back and forth with who they ship with all the time. It all depends on what particular delivery company wants to cut their prices enough to get the contract. Avon has jumped ship many times only to climb on board with UPS time and time again after getting less than good service from the likes of fedx or others. Its a visious cycle:wink2:
Wheres dell?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wheres dell?

Dell, Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL, HKEX: 4331) is a multinational technology corporation that develops, manufactures, sells, and supports personal computers and other computer-related products. Based in Round Rock, Texas, Dell employs more than 76,500 people worldwide as of 2009[update].[1]

Hope this helped you, Elton.

with what we are doing now I am not surprised, Drivers will be also delivering advertisment literature along w pkgs, we are on trial with pakistan as they are and the intentions are to be permanent doing our doc matching on shipments. What will be left in the US. we have outsourced customer service and trying to do with billing. It is NOT the UPS as anyone knew it as. And now our insurance is on our heads to pay the last thing to go that kept UPS in the highest regards and employee draw.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
with what we are doing now I am not surprised, Drivers will be also delivering advertisment literature along w pkgs, we are on trial with pakistan as they are and the intentions are to be permanent doing our doc matching on shipments. What will be left in the US. we have outsourced customer service and trying to do with billing. It is NOT the UPS as anyone knew it as. And now our insurance is on our heads to pay the last thing to go that kept UPS in the highest regards and employee draw.

What?...What?...Pakistan, name of a country or a company?Your post goes off in so many directions...weird!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

What?...What?...Pakistan, name of a country or a company?Your post goes off in so many directions...weird!

Alcohol

Wow, I'm not saying that being sarcastic, but if we lose Walmart acct. that just means UPS is going to be going down hill again. Here in Columbia, SC the air ramp wanted to go international, but the people who were living close to the airport was complaining and we are losing flights slowly but surely and have another lay off if this doesn't get better.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm trying to care about UPS losing WalMart, but it's really hard. friend WalMart. But then again, we need business or they'll keep shoveling sales leads up our :censored2: again and no one likes that. Why would I turn in a sales lead if their going to lose major accounts? UPS corporate is going to kill the company with their short sighted decisions. Anytime you make a decision to make the quarter look good, you're ignoring the long term. I know we lost profit these last few years but we are still profitable during a huge recession. We're not friend'ing starving!

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm trying to care about UPS losing WalMart, but it's really hard. friend WalMart. But then again, we need business or they'll keep shoveling sales leads up our :censored2: again and no one likes that. Why would I turn in a sales lead if their going to lose major accounts? UPS corporate is going to kill the company with their short sighted decisions. Anytime you make a decision to make the quarter look good, you're ignoring the long term. I know we lost profit these last few years but we are still profitable during a huge recession. We're not friend'ing starving!

Whats the point for sales leads? Don't barely get credit for them now.
Chatted with Hefeman (one "friend") the other day. He didn't get his 25 yr service watch. (all rewards, and safety rewards are gone, due to cutbacks).
Tell ya, he wasn't very pleasent.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Gee I wonder if Wal-mart's stance on unions has anything to do with them choosing FedEx? If FedEx was so "superior" then why would it take them three years to decide that need to switch accounts? In my area Wal-mart hates FedEx and we recently took their pickup accounts away from them. Yeah....sounds like FedEx is superior alright. LOL!

We have a winner!! FedEx could deliver all of WalMart's pkgs to the dumpster and UPS still would lose the account....because you are Teamsters and we are not. I'm sure you're "aware" that a commie union thug in a brown truck just isn't as wholesome and All-American as an underpaid but "free" non-union driver in a white truck with purple and orange lettering.

I know you're conservative, but don't WalMart's anti-union games kind of chap your hide?

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a winner!! FedEx could deliver all of WalMart's pkgs to the dumpster and UPS still would lose the account....because you are Teamsters and we are not. I'm sure you're "aware" that a commie union thug in a brown truck just isn't as wholesome and All-American as an underpaid but "free" non-union driver in a white truck with purple and orange lettering.

I know you're conservative, but don't WalMart's anti-union games kind of chap your hide?

They don't care about the politics of appearance of the drivers or the company that employees the drivers. All they care about is keeping the union out of Walmart and are willing to crap on ANY union company they can to show they mean business. Yeah....they chap my hide. I was already starting to shop there as little as possible (been going to Food Lion lately) but if this really happens then I will do my best to stay out of Walmart AND Sam's "Club."

Dagoof

I know the walmart on my rte has dropped in the last 3 years went from 100 pkgs a day to about 30 or 40. I used to fill a quarter of my P12 with just walmart now I barely fill a shelf. Yesterday fed ex delivered close to 100 I delivered 38.