Lost 2 packages off the truck. -_-

purehavanne

Long story short, my back door bounced open and 2 packages had to of fallen out. I know this because my route was finished and I loaded 16 Eregs into my truck for another driver that couldnt fit them in their truck when i got back to the warehouse. I reported this immediately to my manager who was still there when i came back. I did report this truck before for its back door bouncing open without using the key fob, but she told me its still my fault because i should be using the chain. {which i wouldnt argue against} then she said enter them not found and sort of left me to go finish my pick ups. She didnt seem mad but who knows whats lurking.

Just wondering how :censored2:ed am I? anything i can do to protect myself or is it just the waiting game.
It will end up lost in transit

WTFm8

Don’t worry. Newer driver at my building left after dropping sort bags full of ground in a 24’ going to airport with gaylord pallets of phones/accessories to be sorted.

Pulled out into traffic and dumped a skid out the rear cause he never closed, latched, or chained it. Jeep locked up their tires and swerved and still smeared a few.

clean hairy

Don’t worry. Newer driver at my building left after dropping sort bags full of ground in a 24’ going to airport with gaylord pallets of phones/accessories to be sorted.

Pulled out into traffic and dumped a skid out the rear cause he never closed, latched, or chained it. Jeep locked up their tires and swerved and still smeared a few.
Of course the driver has a solid defense!
He was never taught or showed how to how to close, lock, or chain it!
Not his fault!

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
When qualifying, I propped my hand truck onto the rear cat-walk bumper and forgot, then drive 3 blocks down a one-way street with it following me. Got to my next parking spot and found my two wheeler luckily still hanging on for dear life lol.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
There should be a striker on each side near the bottom, if they are not broken it could be that the latches themselves are worn out. Mechanic should have fixed it on the write up

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Long story short, my back door bounced open and 2 packages had to of fallen out. I know this because my route was finished and I loaded 16 Eregs into my truck for another driver that couldnt fit them in their truck when i got back to the warehouse. I reported this immediately to my manager who was still there when i came back. I did report this truck before for its back door bouncing open without using the key fob, but she told me its still my fault because i should be using the chain. {which i wouldnt argue against} then she said enter them not found and sort of left me to go finish my pick ups. She didnt seem mad but who knows whats lurking.

Just wondering how :censored2:ed am I? anything i can do to protect myself or is it just the waiting game.
We only chain up to and from route, not around town

Box Ox

I always chain up ever since that happened to me on a busy st...good thing I did my rdr,rdl and mfr! I didn’t lose anything but damn...it’s all insured anyway.

Like all day? I wouldn't want to be on area looking for a package in the back and have a vehicle impact or fire at or toward the front of the truck with the back chained up.