Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2019-3-21_7-16-20.png

Dr.Brownz

Cause essentially you’re just pissing away $2 more for the chance at a lot less money.

Why not just spend $4 and get yourself 2 tickets?

If I told you the odds of winning were virtually the same between game a and b. Game a pays out $250. Game b pays out 250,000. Which one you gonna play?

It's not virtually the same. The pool has a 10x or more higher chance of winning. Math

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's not virtually the same. The pool has a 10x or more higher chance of winning. Math
Yeah, I’m not surprised math is hard for you.

It’s no different than spending $2 for 1 ticket or $200 for 20 tickets. Statiscally speaking the odds of you winning in either situation is almost zero. The odds of winning are so great it’s not worth it. It’s the difference in .00000001% or .0000001% if you can’t figure that math out.....well you’re exactly who the lotto wants to play.

“More higher”

Apparently English is hard for you also.

Brownslave688

Yeah, I’m not surprised math is hard for you.

It’s no different than spending $2 for 1 ticket or $200 for 20 tickets. Statiscally speaking the odds of you winning in either situation is almost zero. The odds of winning are so great it’s not worth it. It’s the difference in .00000001% or .0000001% if you can’t figure that math out.....well you’re exactly who the lotto wants to play.

“More higher”

Apparently English is hard for you also.
Yeah $200 would be 100 tickets I know. It doesn’t change anything.

Brownslave688

It doesn't change the 1 in 202 million chance of winning.
It changes the chances of you buying the winning ticket.

If I bought all 202 million combinations of numbers would I win?
For one it’s 292 million combinations.

The point is 1 in 292 million

Or

100 in 292 million statistically speaking the chances of either is virtually zero.

In fact, your chance of getting struck by lightning, bitten by a shark, smacked by a meteor and hitting a hole-in-one on the same day is statistically far more likely than winning the jackpot

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol we had this discussion yesterday. She said why in the hell would you spend your money on an office pool when you could buy a ticket yourself and have that much more money.
Lol, what if they win?

ezgif-3-389aed7d0111.gif

(No jumpers were actually hurt in this GIF)

Last edited: