Low seniority, full time driver forced to work local sort after delivery? Is this allowed?

DriverMD

If you don't mind the extra work then great. If you do not like it then I suggest this. Go VERY slow. When they tell you to speed up throw as many miss sorts as you can. When they yell at you for that. Go VERY slow. Rinse and repeat. Two days of that and they will be begging other people to work instead of you.
As much as I dont enjoy it, im not gonna half ass it. I really hate that mentality of "make myself look useless so I dont have to work as hard". If that's the only solution then ill work the shift

As much as I dont enjoy it, im not gonna half ass it. I really hate that mentality of "make myself look useless so I dont have to work as hard". If that's the only solution then ill work the shift
Most people will do a good job even when they don't really want to. It's called integrity and self respect. Comes with a strong work ethic.

box_beeyotch

How about this: if you don't want to work, tell them no. If they try and force you. Tell them no. What are they going to do fire you? Ok go ahead, because regardless of what they think, I always win in the end...always.

542thruNthru

Well more power to you. When you start doing it twice a week for a few months I hope you keep that winning attitude.

gbpackman29

Yes they can force from the bottom after asking seniority, at least in most locals. Occasionally, you will have a day when half the local sort is out for one reason or another. And the sup is probably only going to know this an hour before the shift.

Would you rather see the sups unloading cars? Didn't think so.

Pretty easy money too. $50/ hr to unload. The regular unloader is around $10 so obviously the company does what it can to avoid this but they can't over hire for the occasional mass callout.

I already came in, loaded what was left for me after they cut all the preloaders half an hour early. Then unloaded my car at the 160+ stops I had. Then loaded it back up at all the pickups I had. So I could care less who had to unload it when I got back. Don't care if they would pay me triple time. I have a family. I want to see me kids for a few minutes before they go to bed. Screw the money and screw the forcing. Sorry, not my problem.

I already came in, loaded what was left for me after they cut all the preloaders half an hour early. Then unloaded my car at the 160+ stops I had. Then loaded it back up at all the pickups I had. So I could care less who had to unload it when I got back. Don't care if they would pay me triple time. I have a family. I want to see me kids for a few minutes before they go to bed. Screw the money and screw the forcing. Sorry, not my problem.
You may want to reconsider your career choice.

542thruNthru

37 years mostly working 6 days a week.

11 years of 6 days a week also. The big difference was I was part time. As by your name I guess you're the same. Now I do 56hrs a week I don't need to do another job for 3 hrs when I get in. That's the point here. He shouldn't have to come in and do it every week. It's no longer an emergency then it's way of not having to staff and extra person.

cardboard-surfer

It does make me smile seeing how much supes hate hearing that saying. :)

The only word I've ever seen supes hate is the four-letter "s-word"... safe. Using the s-bomb is for special occasions. Like when I'm loading a feeder that's blocked with 8 feet of flammable cardboard and the sup is yelling from the floor to ignore it and keep loading.

11 years of 6 days a week also. The big difference was I was part time. As by your name I guess you're the same. Now I do 56hrs a week I don't need to do another job for 3 hrs when I get in. That's the point here. He shouldn't have to come in and do it every week. It's no longer an emergency then it's way of not having to staff and extra person.
If you are working 11 hour days your center manager is wanting you off the clock so you can work the next day. Sounds more like guys coming in around 17:00 and 18:00 to work a couple hours. All OT.

OldMan

They can force you to work if they are going to have service failures. Box Beeyotch you should know your facts before you show your ignorance.

box_beeyotch

They can force you to work if they are going to have service failures. Box Beeyotch you should know your facts before you show your ignorance.
There isn't a person in the world that can force me to do anything. I always have a choice regardless of the circumstances, so you get your facts straight "old man."

OPTION3

There isn't a person in the world that can force me to do anything. I always have a choice regardless of the circumstances, so you get your facts straight "old man."
My favorite is when I call-in and get " you don't have any option days left"......me,"what's that have to do with me not coming to work today?".....LMAO