LTIP

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I happen to think that you are a person who can't see beyond his contract book. You simply don't have a clue beyond what is written on those pages.

How in the hell can you compare how much a mechanic makes in relation to the importance of the cargo the plane carries? The last time I checked, a human being is far more important that any package that I have ever delivered in my 20 years so, using your unique sense of logic, our mechanics are grossly overpaid in relation to the mechanics of our commercial airlines.

A flock of Canadian geese brought that plane down. If it wasn't for the skill of the pilot they may still be hauling bodies out of the Hudson. And you have the audacity to somehow state that this was due to the lack of skill on the part of the mechanic(s) that had serviced that plane and that our mechanics are so much more superior simply because they are paid more than their counterparts?

Of course, what else should I expect from someone who wants to waste time grieving vending machine prices or wants to support a strike during what is perhaps the worst economic times since the Depression over an issue that does not affect current employees. Yes, I do admit that the retirees are getting screwed, but my suggestion of an information picket would better serve everyone instead of a work stoppage, which would have absolutely no national support.

I also could care less what you post here as I usually LMAO when I read it and thank God daily that we work in different centers as you do more to divide a center than to unite one.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I happen to think that you are a person who can't see beyond his contract book. You simply don't have a clue beyond what is written on those pages.

And you don't have the stones to stand up for your self when you see the contract being violated!

How in the hell can you compare how much a mechanic makes in relation to the importance of the cargo the plane carries? The last time I checked, a human being is far more important that any package that I have ever delivered in my 20 years so, using your unique sense of logic, our mechanics are grossly overpaid in relation to the mechanics of our commercial airlines.

Our company is far more profitable than the airlines and when you consider our safety record, i will say that we have some of the very best working for us!

At the end of this contract we will be making $10 more an hour than any other unionized carrier! Why> Because we are profitable!

A flock of Canadian geese brought that plane down. If it wasn't for the skill of the pilot they may still be hauling bodies out of the Hudson. And you have the audacity to somehow state that this was due to the lack of skill on the part of the mechanic(s) that had serviced that plane and that our mechanics are so much more superior simply because they are paid more than their counterparts?

Of course, what else should I expect from someone who wants to waste time grieving vending machine prices or wants to support a strike during what is perhaps the worst economic times since the Depression over an issue that does not affect current employees. Yes, I do admit that the retirees are getting screwed, but my suggestion of an information picket would better serve everyone instead of a work stoppage, which would have absolutely no national support.

I also could care less what you post here as I usually LMAO when I read it and thank God daily that we work in different centers as you do more to divide a center than to unite one.

By your last two paragraphs its obvious that you only care about yourself! You sit at home in your condo searching the web knowing that you have money in the bank, your bills are getting paid, you can go to the doctor when ever you want and if you need a little extra cash you can work more to compensate it. While our retirees suffer!

Unlike you i stand up for myself and others, and yes while a few drivers might be upset because they cant work for free, everyone of them would use me in the office when they are in trouble.

Also unlike you people know who i am, and i do not need to hide behind a computer like a key board cowboy throwing slams at everyone like you do. Most of your posts are insulting towards others, which i am sure off that you would never say it face to face!

I will not sugar coat an issue here or in person, i will not lie to anyone and you will always get a straight answer from me, might not be what you want to hear, but its the truth!

Do me a favor and put me on ignore if you do not like reading my posts!

mnnice

Re: Yes, it is fair.

Hell yeah it is fair the UPS mechanic makes more than the mechanics with the other companies because the other companies probably do not treat their employ like a piece of ----! You have to be fairly compensated to take all the bull---- that UPS puts on you. The other mechanics at the other companies are making well and probably have a better quality of life because they are respected for the trade that they know and are not micro managed to the point of exactly being told when to stop applying pressure to the wrench when working on the bolt of the front left wheel with the x wrench only. Although the y wrench fits perfectly and is made for the front left wheel the UPS mechanic must uses the x wrench because his sup thinks it will work better even though his sup has never touched a wrench. I could go on and on but you work here, you know the drill. And do not tell me the y wrench is made for the front left wheel you just do as I tell you to do and use the x wrench even if it does not grab the bolt like the y wrench does. OK enough. I am getting mad now.
It sounds like the wrenches are getting to you. If you hate the procedures than maybe you shouldn't be with UPS. You have choices, but it sounds like you have made the choice to complain about a company that takes care of you instead of taking it in your own hands and moving on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

By your last two paragraphs its obvious that you only care about yourself! You sit at home in your condo searching the web knowing that you have money in the bank, your bills are getting paid, you can go to the doctor when ever you want and if you need a little extra cash you can work more to compensate it. While our retirees suffer!

I have stated here that I agree that the retirees are getting screwed and that action needs to be taken but a work stoppage over an issue which does not affect current employees is not the way to go. An informational picket in conjunction with the legal action that 705 has taken should suffice. I will tell you that if it came down to me working or going on strike to support this issue I would go to work and not think twice about it.

Unlike you i stand up for myself and others, and yes while a few drivers might be upset because they cant work for free, everyone of them would use me in the office when they are in trouble.

I am an adult and don't need someone to take care of my business for me. If I screw up, I take the blame, accept the discipline, and move on.

Also unlike you people know who i am, and i do not need to hide behind a computer like a key board cowboy throwing slams at everyone like you do. Most of your posts are insulting towards others, which i am sure off that you would never say it face to face!

I try to offer advice based upon my experiences over the last 20 years at UPS and my 8 years in the military. Perhaps I come off as insulting or condescending, and for that I apologize, but, and you know this as well as I, there are some people here that simply do not have a clue.

I will not sugar coat an issue here or in person, i will not lie to anyone and you will always get a straight answer from me, might not be what you want to hear, but its the truth!

Same here.

Do me a favor and put me on ignore if you do not like reading my posts!

I do actually enjoy your posts as I have learned a few things but for the most part I read your posts as they offer me a laugh after a hard day at work.